ultra case window mod and graphics

astrojunke

Limp Gawd
well here we go again my last post got deleted during the "outage" but now i got more done and started some new projects so here we go with the pictures

this is what i started with
pcbefore.jpg

then i decided i wanted a window so i got to cutting. i stared off with a piece of lexan, a jigsaw, drill, and a file and heres what i got
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

then after hours of filing i got the cuts as straight as i could
Picture018.jpg

then i painted but it turned out nasty:( as you can see it was hazy and looked bad
Picture010-1.jpg

so now im in the middle of re-painting this time i started out with a good coat of primer(duplacolor sandable primer)
Picture036.jpg

now with the black(duplacolor gloss back) i did three coats the first two were light coats then i did a pretty thick coat
Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

now as you can see it was pretty shiny with just a gloss coat
Picture050.jpg

but i want a mirror finish so i wet sanded with 800 grit and started with the clear coat (duplacolor cystal clear clear coat) it turned out great but it has orange peal so after it drys im going it wet sand it with 1000 grit and wax and buff it to a mirror shine
Picture005.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

i will put new pictures of the side when i get done sanding and buffing it. now for the inside. the case started out with a silver inside and with the window it looked like crap so i started to paint it black. i went with a duplacolor low gloss black it turned out great. i didnt get any pictures of the process but i just sanded it down and primed it then painted
before
Picture010-1.jpg

after
Picture018-1.jpg

if your still with me:eek: there was one more thing i wanted to do just to add some depth to the all black case so i pondered on it for awhile and i came up with this it paint on the front grill
Picture040.jpg

so i took it all apart and started to tape and cut then painted it silver pulled of the tape and clear coated it. when i clear coated it it freaked me out cuz the clear went on white but as it started to dry it went all clear and turned out great
Picture041.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture052.jpg

so thats it for now till i get the side panel buffed and put back together then i will post new pictures of it all done. so tell me what you think or if you have any suggestions im up for more mods:D

thanks

thanks guys, i got the side done for now. i wet sanded and then used a rubbing compound to get the shine back. its almost perfect but theres still a little hazy look to it, if anyone knows a way to get rid of the haze please let me know !
Picture011.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

thanks daniel

oh and SEPULTURA (with max) FTW!!!!! lol

The mod looks awesome. I love the front. And I agree great wallpaper, but the Lamb og God poster is better :)

thanks for all the compliments guys! I am still working on a little something else not sure what but i might do something with the lexan, like maybe a big CFH (cowboys from hell for those who dont know) i would like a etched look but got to figure out how to do it and make it look right

Awesome mod!
Its not over the top, but well executed. I wonder what those corner tabs would look like after some polishing or chrome. Kinda like a road case look.
Or some of these might be able to trim and fit: Road case corners

Awesome mod!
Its not over the top, but well executed. I wonder what those corner tabs would look like after some polishing or chrome. Kinda like a road case look.
Or some of these might be able to trim and fit: Road case corners

yea i thought about painting them silver but im not sure if it would look good, and if i do it and it dont then im stuck with it:( i might do some ms paint work to see what it would look like

hell yea I'm very happy with the way it turned out. and thanks for the complements.

METAL FOR LIFE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back