Ultima Online: The Stygian Abyss

maxius

2[H]4U
ah the 1st and the best mmorpg is back with its 1st new expansion pack that builds on the new kingdom reborn client and it still offers the classic client compatibility.

It is truly a work of art and now we can play gargoyles that can fly!

i know there are some old school UO players are on [H] somewhere. i personally cant wait till this is released who else is looking forward to the new expansion pack

check it out for yourself
http://www.uoherald.com/news/

EDIT: see http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034586338&postcount=13

Last edited:
This game was great back in the day and I have so many memories of the early days.

I started my guy a few days after the game was released.

A few quick memories...

1. Runing north out of town to mine ore to make cash(I didn't know about the clothing shop sales trick) and on my way back, almost overloaded I get 1 shot by a fireball. Love those PKs

2. Getting my house completely robbed by a stealther and his pals who must have been camping outside my door for an hour or so.(This was way beofre you could lock things down)

What a great game this was. Sadly for me, the whole trammel/felucca split ruined it and I ended up selling my account. I wish I didn't now because there are times when I would love to log in and check things out.

I might pick this up, for old time sake.

This game was great back in the day and I have so many memories of the early days.

I started my guy a few days after the game was released.

A few quick memories...

1. Runing north out of town to mine ore to make cash(I didn't know about the clothing shop sales trick) and on my way back, almost overloaded I get 1 shot by a fireball. Love those PKs

2. Getting my house completely robbed by a stealther and his pals who must have been camping outside my door for an hour or so.(This was way beofre you could lock things down)

What a great game this was. Sadly for me, the whole trammel/felucca split ruined it and I ended up selling my account. I wish I didn't now because there are times when I would love to log in and check things out.

I might pick this up, for old time sake.
I've gone back to free shards 3 times now just to get my nostalgic fill of the game (does that make sense?). I have some of the fondest gaming memories playing that game, and it wasn't my first MMO either. Too bad there will never be a game like it.

Interesting that it's still cranking out content.

Even though it wasn't first... it still definitely deserves the title gradfather of mmorpgs.

UO was a great game in it's time. Nostalgia stays sweet in my heart, though any time I ever went back to it, it was only for a week tops.

I canceled my account when they stole Ulitma X Odyssey (The next gen, ahead of it's time MMO) from me. When I saw the reason EA gave was "To help better Ultima Online and work on a new groundbreaking expansion" and all it entailed was Samurai's and fucking Ninjas... I lost it. Canceled my account, broke my discs, threw my Lord Blackthorn statue in the garbage and never looked back.

A few friends and I had fun playing on Siege Perilous for two months earlier this year. I'm waiting to see how the new item crafting system works, because it was frustrating not being able to compete against guys that have years of wealth stashed away, so they could afford to risk wearing full artifacts. (Siege is the hard-mode ruleset server, no item insurance, no Trammel)

My favorite UO memory is the penny stack trick. Get a boat, setup a macro to hide or whatever, have the boat sail from like Yew to wherever. Put a stack of penny's on the key that controls the macro. Come back 30 mins later and repeat.

:)

UO was truly a brutal PvP experience when it 1st came out. I remember me and some friends trying to hunt down perma reds for their bounty. Good times, even managed to get a few of them.

Today I have learned The Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn Client has been scrapped. In its place is a new 2d enhanced client that is nothing more than the old 2d art style thrown together with some of the Kingdom Reborn interface. This is completely unacceptable. If the new enhanced client had everything kingdom reborn offered, then my views would be more accepting of the changeover. I feel the powers that be have gone too far this time. I will not be renewing my account on UO unless they bring the enhanced client all of kingdom reborn’s enhancements. I feel a class action suit coming.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1319116&postcount=49 this is to show what they went back to visually and why it is unacceptable

Last edited:
Today I have learned The Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn Client has been scrapped. In its place is a new 2d enhanced client that is nothing more than the old 2d art style thrown together with some of the Kingdom Reborn interface. This is completely unacceptable. If the new enhanced client had everything kingdom reborn offered, then my views would be more accepting of the changeover. I feel the powers that be have gone too far this time. I will not be renewing my account on UO unless they bring the enhanced client all of kingdom reborn’s enhancements. I feel a class action suit coming.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1319116&postcount=49 this is to show what they went back to visually and why it is unacceptable

umm what? you think anyone is going to file a class action lawsuit because a 10 year old game is not getting an update? lololololololol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Uhm... You cant file a class action lawsuit on a game that they own and develop. Not sure why you think you can? :confused:

umm what? you think anyone is going to file a class action lawsuit because a 10 year old game is not getting an update? lololololololol
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

you fail to read and understand this is them undoing everything that was done in the kingdom reborn client. this client actually made the game look on par with diablo 2 it was a huge improvement yesterday they shitcanned it

Uhm... You cant file a class action lawsuit on a game that they own and develop. Not sure why you think you can? :confused:

bait and switch when i signed up 2 weeks ago the KR client was fully supported now it is not and i am left with a crappy replacement need i say more?

bait and switch when i signed up 2 weeks ago the KR client was fully supported now it is not and i am left with a crappy replacement need i say more?

But it's not. They can do anything they want with their property. Do you not read the TOS? For all games like that, you'll see a neat little disclaimer that basically says " we own this, we have the right to do anything we want with it for any reason at any time, including deleting everything you have ever done"

Not saying what they did is right, but you wouldnt have a leg to stand on in court. They own the content, you have to agree to the terms of use before you can use it, and you have already agreed that they can do anything they want if you have an active account and purchased the game. If you didnt set up an account yet, you can return the game assuming where you purchased it allows returns. If that location doesnt, that isnt their problem as stores can set their own return policy. If you purchased online, you likely had to agree somewhere that there are no refunds, and you are still hosed.

Back