uGuru for Asus?

Moose777

2[H]4U
My brother just bought the Abit AV8 motehrboard 939 socket and he was telling me that he is able to overclock and adjust his voltages from Windows using uGuru.

And personally I'd love to be able to do that without going into the BIOS.

Can I use the Abit uGuru software on my Asus A8V Deluxe or not?

i highly doubt it...but it wouldn't hurt to try...the worst it would do would be give you an error message (or so i think)

but because they are 2 different manufacturers, i highly doubt it

That's what I thought, which is why I haven't DLed it from Abit.

Is there a program I can get for the Asus board that I can control the over clocking from Windows?

np....let me know how it goes and with any more ?'s u have (not that i know more than u, jw :p)

yeah no. That wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It worked but didn't come with any information as to what the different setting are. The program was a little strange. I might just go ahead and try the uGuru program and see if it works.

On top of that I updated my BIOS using the Asus Bios Updater and it found an updated BIOS, installed it, then when it reboot I got an error saying there was an incorrect CMOS or something to that effect.

hmm...well, the only things in that program (for me) are FSB and AGP...but u might have more....did u just reset the CMOS or something? you might have gotten a bad flash...unless you have a back-up disk, ur screwed (i think)

uGuru is also a chip. I strongly advise against doing it. You don't have the right hardware, and the repercussions are unknown and aren't likely to be good.

The weird thing about the flash is the error came up after rebooting. But it appeared to work when I hit F2 because when Windows came up there was a new program installed, some Asus MyBios program or something. And when I started looking through the Windows folders and the files I saw the updated BIOS information in it (8003....) I can't remember the whole number it was a big ass long number, but the date on it was 10/27/2004 @ 20:15pm (9:15pm). So it worked.

I dunno, it's been doing some pretty weird things today after I updated Windows, it'll freeze and the keyboard becomes useless. I don't know what Windows did to it when it updated.

And I'm still looking for a program to overclock the thing through Windows but since teh A8V Deluxe does it all through the BIOS I can't seem to find anything.

Chicken Penni Pasta said:
uGuru is also a chip. I strongly advise against doing it. You don't have the right hardware, and the repercussions are unknown and aren't likely to be good.
Yeah, I didn't DL it. I looked at what was required and it didn't look like it'd work so I changed my mind.

I'm begninning to think there is no physical way to do it through Windows and that I'm going to have to do it through the BIOS.

There are a couple ways to do it through Windows, but they never run as well as a straight BIOS overclock. The uGuru is supposed to do a good job of it though.

Heh. Overclocking in windows sounds n00bish... Might as well call it "nubclocker" :p

Tazman2 said:
Heh. Overclocking in windows sounds n00bish... Might as well call it "nubclocker" :p

Just trying to make it easier and quicker. it's always a PITA to reboot to the BIOS then back to Windows to test it then back to the BIOS if something conflicts witht he new settings then back to Windows to test the new settings, then back to the BIOS....it gets old fast.

But that's just me.

Since I can't find a good enough program to do it from Winblows I'll stick to messing witht he settings through the BIOS.

Back