Ugh, so much for a problem free build. ARTIFACTS!

I was playing UT2004 (slowly advancing in the Single Player for now) and all was good until I noticed artifacts on my second monitor. I thought nothing off it at first.. kind of denying it and hoping it was just some weird glitch, since I didn't see anything on my primary display. So I alt-tabbed in and out of UT, and the artifacts were cleared.

I continue playing, killing some Juggernauts and all that good stuff, when suddently I get a blast of triangluar shapes and artifacts on my primary display, and the same artifacts on my secondary display.

So I'm no longer denying it... I alt-tab again and finish the round artifact free.

I managed to get a screenshot. It's 2560x1024 (1.24mb GIF). http://vidi.ca/files/artifacts.gif

What do you guys suggest I do? The card is not overclocked. I did not have these problems with the UT2004 demo, and I have not had any artifacts in any of the other games I play. I immediately ran ATI Tool and received no errors. I'm running 4.2 Cats, and I've never had any other drivers installed.

The board temp is high (34c) but it's never been any cooler, and I'm very confident that the issue is not overheating because I have a PCI blower card (home made, woohoo) blowing fresh air onto the card, and it is never hot to the touch.

Any ideas guys? Maybe it's a UT2004 issue? The game is brand new, so maybe it's an ugly ATI vs. UT2004 issue.

Edit: before any of you ask, that app in the top right is Samurize.

:rolleyes:

I just got this... looks like a UT2004 issue? :(

General protection fault!

History: RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <-

UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Mixer <- UpdateWorld <-MainLoop

Unless you have this issue in other games, I would think this is game specific.

If the card is cool to the touch, I can't imagine it artifacting from overheating.... unless the heatsink isn't making proper contact with the core.

Back