UEFI keeps changing boot priority every other boot of the system !! (win 10)

oldy

Weaksauce
hi

i have strange problem with a used motherboard i just bought (ZH77A-G43)

i already have a hba sas and sata add-in card (LSI 9211-4i) which i use for my tape drive (lto-7)

now when i upgraded the motherboard and cpu from an old i5-750 the motherboard keeps changing the boot priority every other boot so the first one will be normal (first initializing of the hba card then motherboard logo then boot to windows 10)
but the second boot will always give me a blank screen after the initializing of the hba card then the third boot will be normal again and so on ....

and when i try to log into the uefi to see what changes have been done to the sitting in my third try (since i cant do it in the second one) the first boot priority choice will be uefi windows boot manager then i change it back to hdd and save but will always go back to uefi windows boot manager the next time i get into the bios !!

i tried resting the bios by flipping the battery and re-entering the sitting i want but nothing work always the second boot will go to blank screen

note : secure boot is disabled so i get the initializing message of the hba card and uefi at first (when i enable it it will boot directly to windows without them) and since i have both my sata ssd and tape drive connected to the hba card it has to be initialized before the uefi so i can boot to windows from the ssd which is connected to it

note 2: installed clean copy of windows for this motherboard

any idea on how to fix this problem i have been trying all night missing with uefi sitting but nothing seems to get red of this problem

thanks

Second that. Try legacy mode; some HBA/RAID cards don't play well with UEFI, especially older ones (this isn't a slight on the card, but sometimes the early UEFI BIOS - I've got a system that using UEFI adds 20 minutes to the boot just because it wants to make sure that there's link on the FC HBA and no boot devices to enumerate there, so all 4 ports have to time out on "nada boss").

i just figure the problem was in the battery , it just died on me and after replacing it now i can boot normally every time

hopefully nothing else comes up :)

thanks

Back