• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

UD5H boot failure detected upon cold boot mostly

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
I keep getting error boot failure detected upon turning computer on mostly, not restarting. Restarting seems to be fine most of the time. so I enter bios, go directly to "save and exit" without changing anything and it boots just fine. I have a 2600k oc'ed to 5.0ghz on water @ 1.5v. Temps idle are high 20s, prime95 temps at low 70s runs just fine for a few hours. Games play fine especially bf3 and dead island which seems to be extremely sensitive to overclocks for gpu and cpu. I have the f5 bios. Any ideas?
 
just got the GA-Z77X-UD5H and having the same issue. Some cold starts and some restarts I get the "Boot Failure Detected" bios halt at post. Seems to happen randomly but is about 40% of the time at stock settings, Seems to happen about 80% of the time with any slight overclocking or even just Ram at full speed with XMP. Running F5 latest bios
 
Update BIOS. I been reading up on XS forums on this mobo since I an goin to be getting one.
It had this issue with sb and I think they fixed it. BIOS is up to F6B at least now.
Head over to XS and check it out they have a couple threads.
 
Yea just read the same thing, they say F6 final should be out in a few days hopefully it will cure it. I'll prob drop a Ivy in anyways
 
Back
Top