UD servers down, or just me?

Forthy

Limp Gawd
As title really. I've got two machines here that haven't been able to upload results for nearly 24 hours. Is anybody else struggling, or is it time for me to get my screwdriver out?

TIA

I can't connect to UD either. My 3500+ is just screaming at me for some work, so I've turned to video encoding until the servers are back up.

I finished turned in a work unit...I guess 3 hours ago according to UD, and it was fine, got another unit fine, it's about 50% done, we'll see how it works when it's done.

I cannot access their forums also. Looks like some DNS failures again. :(

This has happened before, and because it is a weekend, we may have to wait for Monday before everything is fixed. :eek:

Flying Fox said:
This has happened before, and because it is a weekend, we may have to wait for Monday before everything is fixed. :eek:

Ok, cool. At least it's not just me.

/ramps up FAH on those machines 'til monday....

yeah - I couldn't connect either. I changed the one machine running UD back over to FAH. When it completes a workunit, i'll change it back again.

meisterbrau

Hmmm...This PC that I am using to type this post, just turned in a unit 58 minutes ago. That would be about 1230 PST.

Whatever is going on, it seems to be somewhat regional, or it is over. Hopefully, the latter.

When I came home from work Friday night, my main box could not connect to UD. So I fired up F@H on it and let it run. My other UD box is in the middle of a large unit, it should be done this morning. I'll find out then if it can connect. If is does, I'll switch main main box back over when it completes the F@H unit it is doing now.

Flying Fox said:
As of 12:39AM EDT I still can't access the site, even that link. :(

Aye, still nothing here either :(

10.15 in the morning here, which hopefully means that the technical people have had their tea by now....

I guess it woulda helped has I posted some of the stuff from that link, it seems to be some sort of routing issue beyond Grid's control. Most reports that are coming in seem to suggest that people are getting hung up when they're trying to pass through Dallas.

4 people so far, on two different forums, have reported being unable to access grid (website, forums, submitting wu's...) for several hours now. One of them(Scribe) has reported traceroutes to grid seem to stop when they hit Dallas.

Both my machines that were waiting uploaded about 10 minutes ago.

'bout time :D

As of 11:55AM EDT I can access grid.org's forums from work. Don't know about home though.

jayjaya29 said:
9:16PM, East Coast, doesn't work on my bro's machine at all.
That is odd. Robby reported in saying that they have rolled back the router changes that caused the problems in the first place. I would suggest trying again.

Flying Fox said:
That is odd. Robby reported in saying that they have rolled back the router changes that caused the problems in the first place. I would suggest trying again.

Didn't work this afternoon (about 4:00 EST) but it works now (8:25EST). I am back up. :)

Back