Ubunutu and Photoshop/Illustrator etc.

stangn99

n00b
Is there any way to get my Adobe products running under Ubuntu edgy?

I love linux again because of Ubuntu...but really would be cool to see adobe stuff running under linux..this way I won't have to reboot into WIndows to use InDesign/illustrator, etc.

crossover office would be one way ..not free tho

try wine?

[F]old|[H]ard

You can use wine, although I don't know if its able to run those apps. Alternatively there are some linux alternatives. I was schooled in photoshop and found the Gimp to be relatively similar. It may do what you need.
Alternatively I sometimes run my Windows apps in a vmware session. (you could use Xen) If you want them to appear more as native linux apps you can run them under vmware and then use remote desktop. There is an application you can add to Windows that will allow you to forward individual windows in a rdp session rather than a full desktop. Search for "cendio seamlessrdp". It's very easy to use. I currently use it to forward IE and trillian at times. (need to test in IE, and gaim doesn't quite measure up to trillian IMHO).

I use The Gimp at work on my linux box and at home on my XP box .. used Photoshop 7 premium (or whatever) edition before that... once I got used to gimps layout , I never looked back.

the xen kernel on Fedora Core 6 K12ltsp was unstable at best for me :(

[F]old|[H]ard

Back