UBNT Unifi Questions

/usr/home

Supreme [H]ardness
So I just bought a house here and will be moving in mid September. It is a two storey house with a finished basement. I was thinking of getting a three pack and putting one on each floor, or maybe just getting a LR one and placing it centrally on the main floor. Those that have worked with them, do they do Auto 20/40 well? I have a PowerAPN and it is 5,10,20,40 only. 40 works fine on some devices, but on others it doesn't. Is auto 20/40 supported with the Unifi APs?

I've only installed 4 of the 15 I ordered, have not had any complaints yet. I also just pre-ordered the outdoor version. So I'm still "green" on the UniFi stuff...

The only issue I hit a snag on was not being able to program them outside of a L2 network. If you want to take it to a remote site across a VPN or something you need to program it locally (leave it on DHCP) then send it off and plug it in on the remote site. It will then try to contact the place where it was setup, other than that they work fine.

The 2.0 version ( currently in Beta) is supposed to allow L3 management. It's also suposed to cure the 20/40 issues, especially with Android devices. Haven't ordered any myself yet, but I've spent ALOT of time on the forums reading.

So it DOES have 20/40 issues right now? Also, from where did you preorder the outdoor version? I've tried looking but didn't come up with much.

I've installed a few of these but still noob

Do you need to use the software to manage and configure or can you hit it by IP?

Does the software always need to be running?

How do do you manage them over the wan?

So any input on te software is appreciated

Back