Ubisoft question

fightingfi

2[H]4U
I know its a scam i keep getting i need to login to my ubisoft account and put the 7 digit code in to redeem my stuff. Well i havent used ubisoft in over a yr i was wondering if anyone else gets this message also?

log into your ubisoft account directly (dont use email links) and change password/add 2FA. I have received all sorts of messages to log into accounts to fix "x", and i always delete them. If you have 2FA enabled, you should be able to safely ignore / delete those emails.

I actually rarely get these, so if I do I will manually go to my account and update my passwords which doesn't hurt. I will never, ever click on a link I get in an e-mail with security warnings.

Depending on when you get the email - if it's going to the correct email address / correct email associated with your Ubisoft account - it could be a legit warning to change your password, due to them being hacked or leaked or whatever. It happens. Maybe not this particular time, but occasionally.

I use a bunch of different emails day to day: one for work, one for ecommerce, one for billing / CC / financials, one for gaming, one for family / friends - if a gaming notice comes into another account, 99% of the time, it's a social hack attempt. Wrong topic for wrong email account.

I'm surprised more people don't do this. Easiest first level email security.

Back