Ubisoft hacked

ValeTudo

Limp Gawd
I just received this email from Ubisoft... wonderful...

"
Security update regarding your Ubisoft account
- please create a new password

Dear Member,

We recently found that one of our Web sites was exploited to gain unauthorized access to some of our online systems. We instantly took steps to close off this access, investigate the incident and begin restoring the integrity of any compromised systems.

During this process, we learned that data had been illegally accessed from our account database, including user names, email addresses and encrypted passwords. Please note that no personal payment information is stored with Ubisoft, meaning your debit/credit card information was safe from this intrusion "

Well damn that sucks. Not like they had the best security in the first place.

Ubisoft got hacked and now all their prices are reasonable, they're just releasing games instead of buying IPs and shutting them down and the DRM is just a simple one time online check. ITS MADNESS.

I got this email, too -- but I questioned it due to the account name that it provided me.

As a result, we are recommending that you change the password for your account: <not_my_accountname>

Did everyone else get the correct name in the email?

I got the same email. What I don't get is why, when one of the most common scams to get login information is phishing, they would provide en email with a link to change your password. I immediately suspect those kind of emails as fakes. Why not just tell me to go to the website with steps how to change the password?

Everything was fine in my e-mail. Of all of the needless front-ends, Ubisoft's might be the most bloated. Right down to having their own achievement system.

Back