Ubisoft games on Steam

CptFalcon

[H]ard|Gawd
So Ubisoft has finally gotten into the Steam game and released Far Cry and Splinter Cell 1 on Steam and a Pre-purchase of Assassin's Creed. I for one am going to buy it for my PC even though I have it for the PS3.

Assassins Creed is a very good game but can be a bit repetitive.

Assassin's Creed is tempting, but I think I'll wait a little bit and see what problems the game has as I've always had bad luck with console-to-PC ports.

Assassin's Creed is tempting, but I think I'll wait a little bit and see what problems the game has as I've always had bad luck with console-to-PC ports.

007: nightfire. The Nintendo version was wicked fun. The PC port made me want to punch a baby in the face.

Every game company should be on Steam including EA. EA Downloader is a crime a against nature.

Good news. I was looking for Assassin's Creed. Actually I was looking for Gears of War on the PC and was disappointed that its not on Steam.

Let's face it, Steam is the best thing to happen to PC game distribution.

And another domino falls. Steam is really starting to....pickup steam! *ducks*

Seriously, I love Steam, no CD swapping, or physical media ever. Love it.

Let's face it, Steam is the best thing to happen to PC game distribution.
As much as I hate the content control aspect of Steam, I have to agree. It's very good at what it does, much like iTunes in a sense.

I remember the old days when this forum was filled with nothing but "F*** STEAM I HATE IT STUPIDEST IDEA EVER* lol

Good to see people finally got some sense knocked in to them :) Steam was a genius idea by Valve at the time but wasn't implemented very well at first.

I have to admit, I used to be one of those Steam bashers too. But that was because after steam came out, my CS ran like a pos, and it pissed me off royally, i could no longer play CS at a respectable frame rate. But now everything is all fine and dandy, steam is rock solid. :cool:

Yeah, Steam glitches bordered on ludicrosity at times. Good thing it's fixed now.

Good to see people finally got some sense knocked in to them
I think it was Valve who got the sense knocked into them by us. No doubt you weren't around in the days of Steam's infancy. No matter what your background was, how long you've been using computers or how much software you'd used before, Steam was the worst program you'd ever used.

That being said, Steam today is an impressive piece of software and has a network back-end that does the front-end justice. Odds are anyone you've ever met with an atypically high downstream is routinely saturated by Valve's content servers, and that kind of capacity really is no small feat. It's really the sum of many different aspects that Valve and partners have really managed to get right.

I'm awaiting the day where all developers and publishers have their entire catalogs available via Steam. id is damn near there already, Epic is basically there, yet everyone else is still trailing severely. Ubisoft's 40-some-odd catalog is going to make a pretty massive impact, and I'm looking forward to trying out all of the various Ubi games I'd never really gotten around to in the past like GRAW, Vegas, the Splinter Cells and so on.

Dumb question: If I register a game I've bought with Steam (such as Bioshock) and that game is also available for purchase through Steam, does that mean that if I need to install the game again, I can just download the game through Steam like I would any of the Half-Life games?

Yeah I got farcry since its only 8$ rgiht now, and I heard alot of good things...... The gameplay might not be bad, but the story, or rather the way the story is unfolding, is making me sick to my stomach lol. Its like a horribly done budget 80's film or something.

Dumb question: If I register a game I've bought with Steam (such as Bioshock) and that game is also available for purchase through Steam, does that mean that if I need to install the game again, I can just download the game through Steam like I would any of the Half-Life games?
There are only a handful of games that can have their retail cd-keys registerable on Steam. Some of those games are Lost Planet, The Ship, and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

If you bought the game from Steam, you can download the game again on any computer if you log into your account.

There are only a handful of games that can have their retail cd-keys registerable on Steam. Some of those games are Lost Planet, The Ship, and Dark Messiah of Might & Magic.

If you bought the game from Steam, you can download the game again on any computer if you log into your account.

Ok, thats what I was getting at. So I couldn't do it for Bioshock or Stalker if I bought a retail copy.

I think it was Valve who got the sense knocked into them by us. No doubt you weren't around in the days of Steam's infancy. No matter what your background was, how long you've been using computers or how much software you'd used before, Steam was the worst program you'd ever used.

That being said, Steam today is an impressive piece of software and has a network back-end that does the front-end justice. Odds are anyone you've ever met with an atypically high downstream is routinely saturated by Valve's content servers, and that kind of capacity really is no small feat. It's really the sum of many different aspects that Valve and partners have really managed to get right.

I'm awaiting the day where all developers and publishers have their entire catalogs available via Steam. id is damn near there already, Epic is basically there, yet everyone else is still trailing severely. Ubisoft's 40-some-odd catalog is going to make a pretty massive impact, and I'm looking forward to trying out all of the various Ubi games I'd never really gotten around to in the past like GRAW, Vegas, the Splinter Cells and so on.

Huh? See my time registered with this site? Note my age? I was definitely using Steam in it's infancy hence why I mentioned that it was not implemented very well at first.

Back