Ubisoft Far Cry 5 E3 Trailer - The Father's Amazing Grace

Derivative. Ubisoft already did a drug cartels Far Cry. Have you not heard of Ghost Recon Wildlands? Ubisoft would be spit roasted over an open flame by the haters if FC5 was cartels-anything.

I have heard of Wildlands, but I didn't look into it to care enough. From the sounds of things, the game should never have existed. Kind of like a crappy online version of Far Cry that wasn't all that spectacular. I suppose that is an Ubisoft problem. A lot of their games seem so familiar.

Seriously. I think the "christian ISIS cripples american town and you gotta take em out" premise of this game is going to be good fun. People need to quit being so thin skinned or assume its an "attack on religion and Muricas values". Gimme a break.
I'm just wondering if this is some Dystopian future for the whole country, or some make believe area where a cult has violently taken over a bunch of towns and the governor of the state is like "eh... we don't collect much property taxes from that area, it'd cost more to send in the national guard than what we get from it"

All this talk about White Christians, you people have never played a Far Cry game? Your enemy will be the Raccoon, the Black Bear, the Timber Rattler, The Elk, Moose, Sparrows, Coyote's and at least one White Buffalo that will attack you mercilessly every 20 feet of in-game movement. THESE are your REAL enemies, Left-Wingers.

LOL yep.. all too true. its the main reason why i love the farcry series actually.

and in one of the trailers you do see someone running from a black bear

hahaha

People are annoyed because the theme is very much played out and dumb as hell. In Far Cry 3 you were in a random, secluded island. It made sense for a crazy cult. Far Cry 4 was semi plausible. A group taking over any county in the US would last 2-3 days at best. They'd have 100 officers per every madman swarming down on them.

I've said it many times, but taking the drug war in Mexico and exaggerating it a bit would be an excellent fit for the game. Make it spill over into the US, have the cartel(s) occupy a few towns in Texas or something. Pretty much fits right into the gameplay of Far Cry. Armed checkpoints? Trippy drug sections? Armed crazy people driving around in SUVs and trucks? RPGs and hand grenades? Check! The only problem would be the terrian. Might get a bit stale.
I was just talking about the reaction to the fact that it's set in the US. Nobody bats an eye when it's one of the other countries (although GTA is sort of set in the US, but it's an alternate version of it).
Anyway, I agree with your point that it's played out a bit and the drug cartel setting would work better. But ubisoft already has a game sort of like that - ghost recon: wildlands.
My comment was just about something I had noticed as an eastern european that usually gets mistaken for a russian when abroad :)

Back