• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite Input

WldWzl

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
177
For some time now I have been running my home network off of a Juniper SSG5, it has been a great little device, and coming from a ScreenOS background I am very comfortable working with zone based firewalls.

Well the time has come that I am outgrowing the 100Mb interfaces of the box. I have been looking at the Ubiquiti offering, I like many people run their pro series APs and really like them.

Just looking for some thoughts on their routers, performance looks on point, and I am certainly not scared of ACL based firewalls, I work with them often in my professional life.

Input welcome.

Thanks.
 
i use them a lot... have had a couple of the earlier units die on me over the past couple years... been meaning to look into it but they sit in a pile in my office at the moment...
 
I use an ERLite at home and use Zone Based Firewall among other features. Never had an issue. I did have the flash fail, but I put in a new drive and was good to go. I have the first run model which had the known issue. New revisions have since fixed that issue.
 
I have an early unit with the angled plastic case at home, has worked great since I got it. I had 1 second gen unit (metal case, square edges) die mysteriously, but the other 5 or so I have installed has had no issues. I think they're a great unit, especially for the price point.
 
Thanks for the input, I ended up ordering a unit, looks like a pretty robust and well performing device.
 
I set my ERL about a year ago and she's been running like a champ ever since. It just works like it's supposed to. Would buy more if I had to without thinking twice about it.
 
Back
Top