Uber: Why Foreigners New Win in China Tech

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by FrgMstr, Aug 1, 2016.

1. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

I know I am going out on a limb here, but maybe it has something to do with that "communism" thingy? While I wish this article went a bit into further analysis, it is still an interesting read.

2. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

It might be because I've been awake for like 35 hours or so (hey, it happens and sometimes sleep doesn't), but I've read the title of this thread like 9 times now and that phrasing/wording still just doesn't make any damned sense to me at all: Why Foreigners New Win In Tech.

What am I missing, is that a "Lost In Translation" thing or what? :D

(yes, I know the article title is different, hence the humor at least to me)

DarkStar02 and jfreund like this.
  3. Jagger100

Jagger100 [H]ardness Supreme

If you're in China its for China's benefit. Wallstreet sent us to China for cheap labor and to pull China up technologically so we could use even more cheap labor. Anyone with a brain knew eventually China would either kick us out or sour the benefit so we'd leave on our own. But Wallstreet also sent us there to build them up because then they could invest directly for a piece of the action when Chinese companies displace or buyout what's left of the American companies.

4. Jagger100

Jagger100 [H]ardness Supreme

Its suppose to be 'Never'.

5. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

In before the edit!!!

6. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Kyle hasn't had his coffee, yet?

7. Quix

Quix 2[H]4U

I hate it when you link to one of those garbage websites that doesn't actually offer the text of the article. If they're not going to provide the text I'm not sure it's worth reading. Those websites rate under the National Inquirer for credibility. Wall Street Journal is one of those old-guard publications that is totally out of touch with reality and burning through cash reserves.

Armenius likes this.
  8. DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy [H]ardness Supreme

Wall Street Journal Wins The I Can't Read It Award.

9. lostinseganet

lostinseganet [H]ard|Gawd

10. SighTurtle

SighTurtle [H]ard|Gawd

Its not communism, its protectionism, not by taxing (at least im not sure), but through regulatory hoops, and prioritizing Chinese companies over foreign companies. A big part of TPP was harmonizing the member countries in order to push against Chinese economic influence and to bolster a united regime of laws and regulations that could be leveraged against Chinese companies and the cost of business in China.

11. SighTurtle

SighTurtle [H]ard|Gawd

On that note, China is communist in name only. Its government and military are controlled by businessmen and technocrats allied to the major Chinese corporations.

12. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

UberChina = fleet of rickshaws

13. Krab

Krab Limp Gawd

The only people that benefit from American companies doing business in China are the Chinese.

Boy are you going to be disappointed when you realize it's not 1970 anymore.

Monkey God likes this.