Uber Tests Emergency Button

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The next time your Uber driver attempts to rape or attack you, you might very well have an Uber emergency button right there on the app in order to get you some help. The feature is rolling out in the USA now. The last time I got rear-ended in an Uber, it was not by the driver, but I was in the back seat.

The new safety measures are part of Uber's campaign to improve its image. The company has faced charges of placing some riders in danger, as well as sexual harassment and discrimination within the company

Now if they only had a button to stop the car before it ran over people......

What? Too soon? :)

No Uber service where I live, thank God.

Yea, you just have increased rates of drunk drivers/accidents compared to places with uber.... Can hate the company all you want, but it is causing a huge decrease in drunk driving.

Yea, you just have increased rates of drunk drivers/accidents compared to places with uber.... Can hate the company all you want, but it is causing a huge decrease in drunk driving.

Or people (like us) have moved closer to their favorite bar(s) so they can walk there and stumble home. :)

Hey! There is a good reason my little neighborhood can support four wine bars, all within one block. :D

Or people (like us) have moved closer to their favorite bar(s) so they can walk there and stumble home. :)

Hey! There is a good reason my little neighborhood can support four wine bars, all within one block. :D

I absolutely love that I can walk to a winery from my house!

I was wondering on this statistic myself. We use Uber/Lyft when the wife and I want a night downtown. Ill rather pay $20 dollar per trip knowing I dont have to drive home later that night (I do not get drunk anymore...but definitely go over the legal driving limit)...and the way home for us is tons of speed traps.

I was wondering on this statistic myself. We use Uber/Lyft when the wife and I want a night downtown. Ill rather pay $20 dollar per trip knowing I dont have to drive home later that night (I do not get drunk anymore...but definitely go over the legal driving limit)...and the way home for us is tons of speed traps.

If we party downtown, we just grab a hotel room. Room service is yer buddy! :)

Stats were posted recently, and it was like 20+% decrease. It was so bad cops were complaining they couldn't easily hand out DUIs at bars since everyone was using uber..... Most of my friends just uber now, and I see a lot of others getting picked up at bars, so it's a very noticeable change (at least here in LA).

i thought i remember reading that a lot of the rapes/uber stories were actually of rouge drivers cruising bars looking for people expecting an uber or such. if so, the emergency button wouldnt do anything about that

Back