Uber Is Ready to Cut a Deal to Get Its London License Back

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Uber is prepared to make concessions as it seeks to reverse a decision by London authorities not to renew its license in the city, which represents a potentially big blow for the fast-growing company: The Sunday Times believes that changes will likely involve passenger safety and benefits for its drivers, possible limits on working hours to improve road safety, and holiday pay.

TfL stunned the powerful US startup on Friday when it deemed Uber unfit to run a taxi service for safety reasons and stripped it of its license from Sept. 30, although the company can continue to operate while it appeals. The regulator cited failures to report serious criminal offences, conduct sufficient background checks on drivers and other safety issues. Uber responded by urging users in London to sign a petition that said the city authorities had “caved in to a small number of people who want to restrict consumer choice”. The move echoed Uber’s strategy in disputes with other cities.

But they turn a blind eye to the cause a
Of all the acid attacks. So, public safety only matters when they can extort money out of some company. Yes, I read the article but I promise you this will translate to more cash going to the city.

But they turn a blind eye to the cause a
Of all the acid attacks. So, public safety only matters when they can extort money out of some company. Yes, I read the article but I promise you this will translate to more cash going to the city.
...Because it's the London transport authority's job to investigate criminal assault charges.

Oh, wait... It's not? Well then; carry on.

p.s.: Fuck Uber. Want in on the game? Play by the rules.

I get that people do time and actually learn something, and when they're out, it is extremely difficult to get a job. So, kudos to Uber for not giving a crap. Also, fuck Uber for not giving a crap.

They should run checks, and hire them still, but, have an indicator on the Driver's profile that they're ex-cons. Some users won't care, others might.

...Because it's the London transport authority's job to investigate criminal assault charges.

Oh, wait... It's not? Well then; carry on.

But the Bureau of Alternative Facts and Propaganda has supplied so many talking points to its subsidiaries. London is awash with the blood of innocents spilled by a plague of brown people!

We need absolute focus on the talking points, the sycophants have spoken, their thoughts have been supplied. We have to stop literally everything everywhere until refugees are all in their concentration camps.

Wake up sheeple!

Thing is it starts with an app that cuts the cost of paying a driver to take you somewhere.

"Yayy that's great! Makes it cheaper and gives me more choice!" says you the consumer.

Then an app that enables shop owners to find store workers that will work for less.

"Yayy that's great! Makes it cheaper and gives me more choice!" says you the consumer.

Then you turn up for work at your IT job one day and your boss waves at his phone and says "Hey sorry don't need you today, this app here tells me I can get in a guy for $10 less an hour than you! But if you sign up and go $12 cheaper you might be back tomorrow!"

"Fuck that's not fair! Makes me out of work and destroys my earning potential!" says you the consumer.

And the race to the bottom of all wage groups starts. This is just the way the establishment wants to do away with our rights/wages and benefits. Make us fight for the scraps.

But the Bureau of Alternative Facts and Propaganda has supplied so many talking points to its subsidiaries. London is awash with the blood of innocents spilled by a plague of brown people!

We need absolute focus on the talking points, the sycophants have spoken, their thoughts have been supplied. We have to stop literally everything everywhere until refugees are all in their concentration camps.

Wake up sheeple!

Yeah in London it's acid but in other parts of the world folks run around with guns shooting innocent people...but that's okay cos maybe they were American made guns...and mostly white.

Back