Uber Faces $5M Suit From San Francisco Cab Company

HardOCP News

[H] News
Uber is being sued again. The odd thing is that “predatory pricing tactics” lawsuits like this usually never go anywhere and they just sound like sour grapes from someone that is failing to compete in the marketplace.

“In reality, Uber has done little more than implement a business strategy that openly flouts the law while shifting many of the costs and nearly all of the risks of providing ride-hail services from itself to its drivers and passengers while forcing a race to the bottom through predatory pricing tactics — where, propped up by billions of dollars in venture capital funding, Uber will remain until its illegal strategy has forced all other competitors from the market,” the lawsuit states.

Uber isn't perfect, but the world has the internet now. The whole taxi industry structure is unwieldy and unnecessary.

It's dead Jim, the last nails are being driven home as we speak. Uber might not be the hammer, but something similar will be.

Uber isn't perfect, but the world has the internet now. The whole taxi industry structure is unwieldy and unnecessary.

It's dead Jim, the last nails are being driven home as we speak. Uber might not be the hammer, but something similar will be.

You do realize that drivers are "dead Jim" as well or at very least endangered?

You do realize that drivers are "dead Jim" as well or at very least endangered?

That's exactly what I mean. The writing on the wall is glowing at this point.

Though the taxi industry in its current form will die before the manually operated automobile, it won't precede it by all that much.

We've still got a long way to go before widespread automation of cars takes hold.

We've still got a long way to go before widespread automation of cars takes hold.

Define a long ways? In 30 years we have gone from 5.25" floppies to hand held devices that can do and store an amazing amount of content. What have done in the past 10? I'd be willing to bet in less than 10 years you will know more than one person that has a self driving car. I'd be willing to bet in 20 years the kids born now will think manual driving is you actually driving unlike me who will still think it is "I actually use the clutch and shift gears".

The only reason I still use a taxi is because they still own the airports. If I could use an Uber really easy I'd much rather utilize their services then the craptastic Taxi services.

Back