Uber Driver Gropes Passenger

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this Uber driver, it's okay to grope passengers if they are wearing a tank top.

While speaking to the police, he explained that the passenger was wearing a tank top without a bra and that in his birth nation of Egypt, if a woman dresses like that “it means she [is] asking for it.” That’s when the police arrested the driver for battery, a misdemeanor charge.

So the driver doesn't understand he's in America? Wonder how that happened?

The groping isn't okay, but I do find it funny when women get upset for being treated like objects when they dress in ways to present themselves as objects.

Don't want me staring at your tits? Cover them up or tough shit ^_^

In any case, I think it's a major win for men everywhere that women feel inclined to dress in such ways for our viewing pleasure.

I think it's more that she was drunk rather then his cultural excuse...he just saw a hot drunk girl and thought he could cop a feel

The groping isn't okay, but I do find it funny when women get upset for being treated like objects when they dress in ways to present themselves as objects.

A woman has a right to dress however the hell she wants. Nobody has a right to grope, cat call, or otherwise harass a woman. The way she dresses does NOT change her fundamental rights as a human.

A woman has a right to dress however the hell she wants. Nobody has a right to grope, cat call, or otherwise harass a woman. The way she dresses does NOT change her fundamental rights as a human.

You dont say?

I lolled

I think it's more that she was drunk rather then his cultural excuse...he just saw a hot drunk girl and thought he could cop a feel

Nothing in the article said she was drunk. Considering she was on her way to meet her boyfriend at a bar, she was way more likely to be sober and planning on getting drunk later.

No shit. If she wants to show off her body, that is 100% her right. That doesn't mean people are allowed to grope her. You want to enjoy the view, go right ahead, but no touching. You wanna touch? Ask. However don't be surprised get pissey if she says no and is cross with you for asking.

Unfortunately it is extremely rare cases like this that are going to fuel the fire to get the Uber service shut down.

Uber: Good.

Medieval muslim arab value system and way of life: Bad.

Girl: Didn't deserve to be groped, wasn't "asking for it", etc.

SJW response: Typical male, what a terrible sex.

They released a pic of the women in question:

tumblr_m0q8isSRcI1r2ype0o1_500.jpg

We might disagree about other stuff, but yeah this is true. :)

You quote my like you're disagreeing with what i said. I agree with you! No one has the right to harass anyone. Although cat calling does not always equal harassment.

You know Uber is awesome when something like this is news. If it were a regular cab driver, it would be business as usual.

Fuck yeah, Uber.

Uber: Good.

Medieval muslim arab value system and way of life: Bad.

Girl: Didn't deserve to be groped, wasn't "asking for it", etc.

SJW response: Typical male, what a terrible sex.
Yup, and googling "Taxi Driver Assault", you get a myriad of cases popping up in google search. Here's some recent ones, in both cases assaulting drunk women getting a ride home from parties:
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...exually-Assaulting-SHU-Student-274388561.html

http://khon2.com/2014/07/14/taxi-driver-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-two-passengers/

In any case, I think it's a major win for men everywhere that women feel inclined to dress in such ways for our viewing pleasure.

Staring at a chick's titties and giving them a feel because you felt that they were "asking for it" are two different things. We are talking about apples, you just brought up steak and potatoes...

Thanks for the heads up, apparently some people need to be reminded of this.

Staring at a chick's titties and giving them a feel because you felt that they were "asking for it" are two different things. We are talking about apples, you just brought up steak and potatoes...

Yea you're right, my bad. I just really like steak and potatoes :(

Thanks for the heads up, apparently some people need to be reminded of this.
Well, everyone has the right to cat call though, that's just freedom of speech. And cmon, some like to act like its harassment, but if they actually find the guy attractive they often blush and smile to themselves knowing Mr Hunk wants to bone them and ask any 40 year old plus woman if she misses the attention... mmhmmm. Girls that dress in revealing clothes also WANT guys to stare and appreciate their bodies and approach them for sex, but the distinction is they only want the guys THEY want to do so. Problem is, when you advertise sex, you can't pick and choose who is and isn't going to look.

Also, quick quiz:
- Name a male mammal that doesn't have a mating call.... *insert jeopardy music*

No shit. If she wants to show off her body, that is 100% her right. That doesn't mean people are allowed to grope her. You want to enjoy the view, go right ahead, but no touching. You wanna touch? Ask. However don't be surprised get pissey if she says no and is cross with you for asking.

The problem is that they often get upset at you if you get caught looking as well. I never understood that. If they don't want people looking, then they should dress more modestly. I absolutely agree that there should be no touching or harassing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVguvNE7qc

Remember, you can look but you cannot touch!

A woman can dress like a whore and act like a proverbial whore and the full force of law will protect her and some will flip out if she is even criticized. But if she tries to be a literal whore, that's illegal and she's going to jail and anyone who does business with her as well.

I agree with you on the groping, but cat calling and looking is fine, imo.

The way she dresses is the way she presents herself. Until she's made it clear, that she doesn't want to be treated that way, Then that's fair game imo. But groping, isn't something you should do unless you have permission, and wearing revealing or slutty clothes isn't permission to touch.

Egypt has serious issues with sexual harassment. Women their have had campaigns (unsuccessfully) to bring awareness and hopefully inform men that their behavior towards women in public is unacceptable.

As far as Uber goes you are being picked up by a stranger. You are not being picked up by a licensed taxi driver who actually has to follow guidelines and laws governing his/her behavior (of course this doesn't always prevent such behavior) but they have the incentive of putting their job at risk if they do something like groping.

You use Uber and you take a risk. I would imagine however Uber still offers more "normal" experiences than say a cab in NYC. And its FAR cheaper. Bring a can of Bear mace and see how much "groping" someone is willing to do..

As far as Uber goes you are being picked up by a stranger. You are not being picked up by a licensed taxi driver who actually has to follow guidelines and laws governing his/her behavior (of course this doesn't always prevent such behavior) but they have the incentive of putting their job at risk if they do something like groping.

You use Uber and you take a risk. I would imagine however Uber still offers more "normal" experiences than say a cab in NYC. And its FAR cheaper. Bring a can of Bear mace and see how much "groping" someone is willing to do..
BS alert:
1) Uber driver or Taxi driver are strangers
2) Uber drivers and Taxi drivers have to abide by the law and can't grope women, and taxi drivers in a quick google search have been found to rape/assault women on numerous occasions
3) Both an Uber driver and Taxi driver will both lose their jobs and face the same legal repercussions.

There is no difference whatsoever.

Actually i think the woman would be stoned.

Considering how some middle-east countries view women, this is probably what would happen. They would reward the man for pointing out how inappropiatly the women was dressed, and then stone the woman to death for dressing that way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/29/opinion/29iht-edeltahawy.1.8528543.html?_r=0

This women got 90 lashes for BEING kidnapped and raped, which was increased to 200 lashes when she tried to appeal the ruling, and her lawyer was suspend and punished for representing her as well.

Because staring and touching are the same thing.

Way to reinforce what this douchebag said.

Well, everyone has the right to cat call though, that's just freedom of speech. And cmon, some like to act like its harassment, but if they actually find the guy attractive they often blush and smile to themselves knowing Mr Hunk wants to bone them and ask any 40 year old plus woman if she misses the attention... mmhmmm. Girls that dress in revealing clothes also WANT guys to stare and appreciate their bodies and approach them for sex, but the distinction is they only want the guys THEY want to do so. Problem is, when you advertise sex, you can't pick and choose who is and isn't going to look.

Also, quick quiz:
- Name a male mammal that doesn't have a mating call.... *insert jeopardy music*

So it's ok for humans to act like animals because animals act like animals. Man you sure knocked that one out of the park.

BS alert:
1) Uber driver or Taxi driver are strangers
2) Uber drivers and Taxi drivers have to abide by the law and can't grope women, and taxi drivers in a quick google search have been found to rape/assault women on numerous occasions
3) Both an Uber driver and Taxi driver will both lose their jobs and face the same legal repercussions.

There is no difference whatsoever.

This^

As a driver for a ridesharing company myself, I constantly hear how people (yes women too) feel way more comfortable and safe in a ridesharing car than a taxi. I get horror stories all the time about smoking cabbies that don't stop when their riders request it, taxi drivers driving sick stopping to puke during an active ride, and general rudeness and hostility that comes with a job where you don't get rated by your customers based on performance.

As far as his "Licensed Drivers" argument goes... Lots of people have drivers licences. Does that automatically mean they're safe, good drivers? Of course not. Why then do state licensed taxi drivers have some magical safety properties that ridesharing drivers don't? Does he really just listen to everything the state tells him?

Back