• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

U3011 in Portrait mode

Chrisroman

Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2011
Messages
692
Any disadvantages to using a 30" U3011 in portrait mode? I thought I had read that text was not as crisp in portrait mode, but I never bothered to confirm it. With prices dropping on the U3011 and newer, more powerful graphics cards on the horizon, I'm thinking about picking up two more at going with a 5x portrait setup.

Insights and opinions welcome.
 
IPS screens don't care what orientation it is in - a TN panel does have to worry. I'd say offhand the biggest problems with such a layout are that you cannot play 1080p content in native resolution without it being blocked by at least one bezel and finding enough GPU power to drive 20 megapixels at a reasonable framerate.
 
Back
Top