U2711 Random red flicker...

Bmxant

n00b
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
44
Hey all, my monitor just randomly started to flicker every once and a while. The odd thing is that it's only on the right side of the monitor..

Does this mean my monitor is on it's way out?

I also tried downgrading my drivers from 11.9 > 11.6, and no go

PS: Just to note, the flicker is almost solid, but looks pixelated and slightly transparent. And yes, it fills up the whole right side of the monitor, it's not just a square in the middle.


i2500k
Sabertooth P67
XFX 5870
850w Corsair Modular
90GB Agility 2
1TB WD Black

All stock.
 
Have you tried a different cable?

If yes, then it sounds like your monitor is going out.

Have you tried the GPU on a different comp? Any other artifacts?
 
I'm about to try out the Display Port cable that came with the monitor.

I can try out the 5870 on my mothers comp tomorrow if it's still happening, I guess that will give me my answer..

Thanks for the reply.
 
The Display Port cable has been working great with no problems.

Now to figure out what's dead...

Is it the DVI port on the Monitor, DVI port on the Graphics Card, or DVI cable...

I've never heard of a cable dying though, what do you guys think?



Thanks.
 
Back
Top