U2414h vs P2414h

psyside

2[H]4U
Does anyone have both units and compared them side by side? does the U2414h worth 65 euros premium? other then the connectivity and USB 3.0 ports which are useless for me.

What i look for is differences in image quality, color precision, viewing angles, shadow detail in dark environment and graininess, thanks.

Last edited:
I don’t have either monitor but I think TFT Central have reviewed both and they discussed the differences extensively IIRC.

According to overclockers.ru, they have different panels. The U model comes precalibrated with a report in the box, but we know the truth about factory "calibration" of the consumer grade monitors, especially the cheap ones.

There are multiple websites which have reviewed both, and I even have a thread with multiple review links for each....Google

Last edited:
Today i had chance to see U2414H, and i must say, my NEC2490 is still unbeatable, at least in entry/mid level segment....it blows away the 2414H, and 2 years ago, the same thing happened with the U2713HM witch is much higher end model but still couldn't match it. Now i wonder what is there left for me, which could be at lest acceptable...the only monitor i saw which was in the same league, but still a bit behind was one ACD, but now my budget is very limited so it willl be very hard, i wonder how does S2415 stack?

After using 2490 nothing seems right :(

Just curious, with what exactly you aren't satisfied in the new monitors? I really doubt you will find something better than the ccfl nec with polarizer at low prices.

Just curious, with what exactly you aren't satisfied in the new monitors? I really doubt you will find something better than the ccfl nec with polarizer at low prices.

There is much higher aliasing, not sure how i can explain, like the resolution is lower....icons have some haze around them for example, and the colors look off even if they are spot on based on the calibration reports/reviews.....just a different class, i was thinking that this unit is old and that it will be match or even beaten easily but i was so wrong for like 3rd time till now.

Not sure if the coating is the reason for this....

Back