• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

U2413 on market

yorka

n00b
Joined
Jan 24, 2013
Messages
23
Had anyone purchased it yet? How is the quality? Any tinting/bleeding/banding/flickering issues?
As expected, it will cost $550+ , ($599 in CAD)
 
Last edited:
I'm curious about this as well.

My monitor is on the brink of death and I've been trying to hold out for this or the nee 24" NEC just to see if its better in general and if the AG is less aggressive.

I saw the U2413 is on the US site for $599. Price seems pretty steep compared to how much the 27" ones have been going for when on sale.
 
I'm curious about this as well.

My monitor is on the brink of death and I've been trying to hold out for this or the nee 24" NEC just to see if its better in general and if the AG is less aggressive.

I saw the U2413 is on the US site for $599. Price seems pretty steep compared to how much the 27" ones have been going for when on sale.

i dont know anybody that has paid full price for these monitors. they are constantly on sale.

when the u2412m launched its MSRP was 399 and thats what it was listed on. they constantly had sales dropping it to 299-325 ish. and calling can get it even lower.


you can probably get this monitor for much less then 599.


i wont go back to anything below 27 @ 1440p now though!
 
I really hope they improved their quality control with this one, because for their other models, it's looking like you need to go through at least a half-dozen replacements to get an acceptable one.
 
I really hope they improved their quality control with this one, because for their other models, it's looking like you need to go through at least a half-dozen replacements to get an acceptable one.

with which one specifically? that does not seem to be true at all.

with the exception of my recently purchased u2713hm which they apparently arent QAing at all...
 
Any reviews out for this one? I want to see processing lag #'s for this panel.
 
with which one specifically? that does not seem to be true at all.

with the exception of my recently purchased u2713hm which they apparently arent QAing at all...

Dell's quality control standard on the u2713hm definitely could be better. I even received one which had about 5-6 tool marks on the bezel. Another with scratches on the screen... I am not denying their actual screen capabilities. Properly calibrated they look very good, but the enclosure QC needs to improve.

It's disappointing because my U2711 was built with higher standards in mind it seems and I expected Dell to continue that with this current series.

Although I will admit that the construction on the one U2713H (the true successor to the U2711) I just got is better than the U2713HM displays I received. Maybe they are examining the U2713H with a fine-tooth-comb compared to the U2713HM.

Anyways, if you can get a good one, the U2713H and HM do display some yummy images...great OSD as well and rock solid stands, of course.
 
Dell's quality control standard on the u2713hm definitely could be better. I even received one which had about 5-6 tool marks on the bezel. Another with scratches on the screen... I am not denying their actual screen capabilities. Properly calibrated they look very good, but the enclosure QC needs to improve.

It's disappointing because my U2711 was built with higher standards in mind it seems and I expected Dell to continue that with this current series.

Although I will admit that the construction on the one U2713H (the true successor to the U2711) I just got is better than the U2713HM displays I received. Maybe they are examining the U2713H with a fine-tooth-comb compared to the U2713HM.

Anyways, if you can get a good one, the U2713H and HM do display some yummy images...great OSD as well and rock solid stands, of course.

yeah. honestly If i showed you the picture I just took you would shit. the green tint on the bottom left is sooooo bad dude.


thankfully I bought it from amazon and they're sending me a replacement before i ship the first one off. which is good cause i already sold my u2412m. hopefully the second one is better
 
From the TFTCentral Twitter:

Dell U2413 review sneak peek - no buzzing noise like on U2713HM / U2713H when viewing full screen text. No 'cross hatching' either

Dell U2413 review sneak peek (since we get asked all the time about this) - confirmed, no PWM use!

Hopefully this gets down to a reasonable price soon.
 
Last edited:
Found this on Toms: $509.99 - Normally $599.99 - use 15% coupon code 6DBNK$ZJLR$L4J ).
 
Last edited:
i dont know anybody that has paid full price for these monitors. they are constantly on sale.

when the u2412m launched its MSRP was 399 and thats what it was listed on. they constantly had sales dropping it to 299-325 ish. and calling can get it even lower.


you can probably get this monitor for much less then 599.


i wont go back to anything below 27 @ 1440p now though!

Yeah you are right about that. Hopefully it at least gets to $500 soon. I'd love to go 27" eventually but this monitor death wasn't exactly planned and I'd probably need a new video card to run 1440p smoothly haha.

Hope to see some good reviews soon!
 
This monitor, if the price comes down might be a great deal and what most of us have been waiting for.
 
Besides the price, the fact that it is wide gamut scares me a bit. For myself, it'll need to have a very accurate s-rgb mode to make it worth considering (and come down a lot in price too).
 
I'm eagerly waiting for input lag stats. I'm using the Dell 2408WFP which has the worst lag ever. I passed on the U2410 and the lower end U2412M hoping for a new Ultrasharp in the 24" class. Well its here, but is it fast?
 
It's so encouraging to see the U2413's effective use of Game Mode in tftcentral's review, as it slashes the input lag (or simply lag, as they now call it) by nearly 2/3rds. With my three-year old Dell U2711 (and its accompanying ~30ms input lag) as a baseline, I took my friend's Dell S2740L (with a mere 1/10th the lag) for a spin last week--same mouse, GPU, everything--and instantly noticed an appreciable boost in responsiveness. It was another "just moving the mouse around" type improvement that you hear about with 120/144Hz, and I'll never again buy a monitor without knowing the input lag. I'll pore over tftcentral's review later tonight, but what I'm wondering is if the Game Mode precludes the use of the Adobe RGB color space. Anyone know? I hate input lag, but I'm used to my U2711's wide-gamut and I'd love to have the best of both worlds.
 
Just did a quick look at the TFT central review. Overall it looks promising, although I am a bit disappointed with the contrast numbers, especially in s-rgb mode. Very mediocre numbers for an IPS.
 
The game mode runs with the monitors full native gamut so you will still be able to game in wide gamut but with the reduced lag :)
 
That's good to hear about the game mode, and thanks for the response, Drags. It's indeed a little disappointing to see the contrast stagnate, and I do wonder why the U2913WM has roughly 1/3rd higher contrast, but I'm just happy to see a nice 1920x1200 IPS live on with both light AG and low input lag.
 
I don't quite get the contrast thing with IPS in general. I know there have been several 27" 1080p IPS models out recently with contrast levels in the 1200-1400:1 range, which is extremely good for an IPS. Yet I could have sworn I read somewhere that it's easier to achieve higher contrasts with smaller displays, not larger (from a technical standpoint) -- not sure if that is true or not, but I do wonder why new IPS panels have contrasts in the 700:1 (or thereabouts) range nowadays, when IPS contrast levels 5 years ago wasn't much different. I would have thought a bit more progress could have been made there.
 
That's good to hear about the game mode, and thanks for the response, Drags. It's indeed a little disappointing to see the contrast stagnate, and I do wonder why the U2913WM has roughly 1/3rd higher contrast, but I'm just happy to see a nice 1920x1200 IPS live on with both light AG and low input lag.

IPS contrast has been at about 1000+-150 for about 4 years now. Anything in that range is about the same to the human eye. Mine is about 700 calibrated and is perfectly fine. It looks better than my TV which has 1400:1 contrast, because it has more stable viewing angles.

U2413 monitor is 900 in default mode. Again Perfectly fine.

But it is a wide gamut monitor, so when emulating sRGB/aRGB it will lose contrast. The U2913 OTOH is essentially an sRGB monitor, so it doesn't really give up contrast to emulate sRGB.

Also if there is uniformity compensation that will eat yet more contrast.

So what you find is that higher end wide gamut IPS monitors tend have lower contrast because of emulation and/or uniformity compensation.
 
Back
Top