U2412M or U2413 for Triple Monitor Setup?

EPOQ

[H]ard|Gawd
Curious on some peoples thoughts about these. The U2412M can be had for nearly half the price of the 2413. Any specific reason(s) to go with the 2413s for a gaming/movie rig over the 2412M?

I have 3 2412Ms now and I tried the triple display in both landscape and portrait. If you are going to game I would seriously recommend looking at a friend's first. I HATE the bezzels and now have 3 screens to sell... :(

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2413.htm

The first part explains some differences between them, 6 bit vs 8 bit panel etc.

For surround / eyefinity i would go with the u2412m's and use the money you saved for another 7970, depending on what games you play double the FPS is going to make your experience much more enjoyable then a higher grade panel.

Although i would also like to second Skids recommendation of try before you buy. I had a portrait surround setup with ZR24w's. Used it for about 6 months. The intermittent issues and performance loss made me return to a single monitor. I think it really depends on what games you play and if your ok playing at lower graphics settings.

I personally would use the u2412m. It's cheaper and still has DP, unless your card only had 2 DP, then I'd go for the u2413 as it has the DP daisy chaining. You want to have 3 DP connections because if you don't have 3 identical inputs, you will get tearing.

Here's Video on the Subject
50x50.jpg

and if you're interested in different monitor configurations, here's a video on the subject:
50x50.jpg

Back