U2412M driver install problem?

joethemole

Gawd
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
759
There are two files on the install disk, Entech API and PowerNap Software. I installed Entech API, but get an error message when installing PowerNap saying it can't find Entech API...

Do I need PowerNap? Monitor seems to work fine.

Edit: Nevermind, had to install PowerNap from the folder itself. Seems really counter-intuitive, and also no automatic driver installation. Had to download from Dell's site...
 
Last edited:
I use the monitor and I installed no drivers... worked fine out of the box.
 
Yeah I don't think the drivers are doing anything for this monitor lol... correct me someone if I'm wrong.
 
I have a U2312HM but I guess the contents of the installation CD are similar. In my case there's a "drivers" folder with an .inf file that you can right click and select install (or go to Device Manager -> Monitors -> Generic PnP Monitor -> Driver -> Update driver... -> Browse -> Browse -> and locate the .inf file).

As far as I know the only purpose of the driver is to have the proper name for the monitor instead of a generic one.
 
Back
Top