U2410 or EA231WMi?

BrunoPuntzJones

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow look at that last login, 12-12-2004.

My "workstation" is set up pretty much like this:

gallery1%20large.jpg

So I'm not real far away from the monitor. I'm tired of shitty color and brightness with my 22" Acer.

I've been waiting on a deal for the U2410, NEC seems to be $175-$200 cheaper routinely. Didn't know if anyone had experience with both and had one they preferred. I assume the NEC has a VESA mount.

This will be 70% desktop usage in the dark, and the rest gaming in the dark. Well relatively low lighting anyway.

This will be paired with a GTX 260 if that matters.

Edit: Here's the original post I put on some other sites a few weeks ago, and the U2410 and NEC were suggested.

Tired of the shit blacks, vertical bands, piss poor colors, etc.

I've had tons of LCDs and now getting tired of poor color reproduction and lousy brightness. At work I admin several dozen and it's not a big deal for Excel, but getting tired of the one at home.

I'm looking for:

24" to 26" panel
1920x1080 resolution (don't want to go any higher as I'm not looking to upgrade my vid card (GTX 260)).
Must have a VESA mount. I use an articulating arm, none of the newer LED LCDs support this???

Cost is important, but I know a $200 Sunday special isn't going to fit the bill. But don't want to drop $1500 on a CAD monitor either.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
The U2410 is 1920x1200 which is above your requirement of 1920x1080. Seeing as I have the EA231WMi and LOVE it, I vote for that. You will not be disappointed.

Back