U2410: Grey gradients have pinkish stripes after calibration.

WTF... This time calibration took over 2 hours! 1:55 calibrating plus some 10 minutes profiling.

This is the dispcalGUI report:

Code:
Black level = 0.29 cd/m^2
White level = 126.67 cd/m^2
Aprox. gamma = 2.16
Contrast ratio = 436:1
White chromaticity coordinates 0.3117, 0.3271
White    Correlated Color Temperature = 6574K, DE 2K to locus =  4.0
White Correlated Daylight Temperature = 6574K, DE 2K to locus =  0.7
White        Visual Color Temperature = 6428K, DE 2K to locus =  3.8
White     Visual Daylight Temperature = 6600K, DE 2K to locus =  0.7

I could never make sense of the whitepoint reports in dispcal. Which of these four values should I be looking at?

Anyway, the contrast ratio looks really miserable. I had a lot better results in this department after previous calibrations, with higher luminance.

Greys look somewhat better, but still nowhere as good as uncalibrated.

I'll make the UDACT test a bit later.

Here's the full report:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81619206/Report 20120601 22-24 full.pdf

Tone values = 89.2%

I don't know what gives. Either I did something wrong, or my calibration software is having a bad hair day. I really don't understand why dispcal and UDACT report different luminance values. It couldn't have changed so fast -- only about 20 minutes had passed between the two measurements.

Here's the full report:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81619206/Report 20120601 22-24 full.pdf

Tone values = 89.2%

I don't know what gives. Either I did something wrong, or my calibration software is having a bad hair day. I really don't understand why dispcal and UDACT report different luminance values. It couldn't have changed so fast -- only about 20 minutes had passed between the two measurements.

Do you moved the colori meter between the two calibrations?

I calibrated my DV7-2135eo notebook with my Spyder4 and the:

- sRGB gamut around 65%
- tonal respone is around 80%
- dE whitepoint, dE averege, dE max <0.5

But the calibrated screen looks so good compared to the uncalibrated that i am almost turning religios :D. And the strangest of all is no banding at all :D :confused:, i do get banding on my Samsung S24A850DW PLS :confused:. I used the following settings in dispcalGUI:

Hows it going with your U2412?

And the strangest of all is no banding at all

You won't get any banding if your display allows direct gamma adjustment during calibration, on hardware level. Or if you have a true 10-bit connection between the display and the video card, if the calibration goes on video card's level. But if any of the above is the case, then your laptop must be really über. :cool:

Back