• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

u2312hm vs u2412m conundrum

BETA.

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 10, 2009
Messages
2,909
Okay, as of late, I have been on a quest of finding the lowest input lag monitor relative to cost. As of right now, I own a u2312hm that I bought for an incredible price and have the same opportunity for the u2412m. The general consensus is the u2312hm has better input lag than the u2412m. The highly regarded TFTcentral says the u2312hm beats the u2412m in input lag and many user testimonials agree. However, the only place that I have seen where a claim that the u2412m actually has better input lag is at the other highly regarded site, Prad.de. When it comes to contradictions like these, whose reviews is the one to usually default on?
 
Thanks for the link, lots of interesting points brought up. Makes me ponder how accurate Prad's oscilloscope readings actually are despite being supposedly extremely accurate I assume. Nonetheless, TFTcentrals 9 ms input lag # was obtained using a clone mode, against a CRT at the time of testing for the u2412m. You mentioned Prad has been using an oscilloscope since mid-2010's, although I didn't see any indication(looked through briefly and skipped to the input lag section) that were using an oscilloscope for this particular test, I am going to assume they did, because why wouldn't they if they could? Lol. Anyhow, thanks for enlightening upon the situation, NCX. Looks like i'll be picking up a u2412m and returning my u2312hm.
 
Back
Top