U2: No Line on the Horizon from Amazon MP3 $3.99

thekipper

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good find, but I think I'll throw in the extra $5 and pick up a hard copy on the way home.

Very good deal. I am kind of "meh" about U2, but I like their single thats out now. Even for a band that I kinda like, its hard to turn down $3.99 for entertainment value.

Very good deal. I am kind of "meh" about U2, but I like their single thats out now. Even for a band that I kinda like, its hard to turn down $3.99 for entertainment value.

Agreed. I'll likely pick this up when I get home. And I agree with the OP. Too much whiney whiney. You don't like it, move on. :D

Been listening to the album for a couple of weeks. Wasn't sure of it at first, but it's grown on me. Musically, it's there most interesting album in at least 10 years. Lyrically, it's sometimes klunky.

Personally, I'll part with the extra bucks for the CD. They'll have to release FLAC files before I'll consider buying anything other than CDs.

Lyrically, it's sometimes klunky.

I really like this album, except for the lyrics. Exhibit A: Unknown Caller

Force quit and move to trash. Ohohoahohohohaoh ohahoahaohaohaoaahooh

Bono can do better.

Bono can do better.

I think they should have told Bono, "the music is locked down. Do you think you can finish the lyrics before June?"

Bono can do better.

How about the lyrics from Vertigo: Uno, dos, tres, catorce!
Translation: One, two, three, fourteen.

Wait...what?

Somehow, I don't think better is possible at this point.

But is it worth four bucks though, even with the unintelligible lyrics?

How about the lyrics from Vertigo: Uno, dos, tres, catorce!
Translation: One, two, three, fourteen.

Wait...what?

Somehow, I don't think better is possible at this point.

The official reason for it is that Bono was drunk.

Some have come up with some biblical meaning, while others have said it was their 14th album, but I think they only way that worked is if you counted the 2 Best of compilations and Under A Blood Red Sky (technically an EP) and didn't count Wide Awake in America (an EP).

The biblical reference, as I recall, required that you translate Unos to "Some" and then the rest translated to a book, verse passage or something like that. That one seemed plausible....as did Bono's claim that they were all drunk.

But is it worth four bucks though, even with the unintelligible lyrics?

It's worth the 9 bucks, so the answer is yes. Just don't expect to love it after 1 or 2 spins. The rest of the ablum isn't like Get On your Boots, which, IMNSHO, is a good thing.

The single has some interesting harmonies (for a U2 song), but it's a bit too much of a vertigo remake, which itself seemed to be inspired by a couple of other earlier U2 songs.

It's worth the 9 bucks, so the answer is yes. Just don't expect to love it after 1 or 2 spins. The rest of the ablum isn't like Get On your Boots, which, IMNSHO, is a good thing.

The single has some interesting harmonies (for a U2 song), but it's a bit too much of a vertigo remake, which itself seemed to be inspired by a couple of other earlier U2 songs.

I agree. My CD from Amazon arrived yesterday so I've only had a couple listens. Get On Your Boots is not a fav but I really like the album overall.

If you are hesitant to buy because you don't like the current single, don't be. The rest of the album is solid, especially musically. For $4 you can't go wrong if you enjoy U2. Even the $9 I spent on the CD is great deal IMHO.

The official reason for it is that Bono was drunk.

Some have come up with some biblical meaning, while others have said it was their 14th album, but I think they only way that worked is if you counted the 2 Best of compilations and Under A Blood Red Sky (technically an EP) and didn't count Wide Awake in America (an EP).

The biblical reference, as I recall, required that you translate Unos to "Some" and then the rest translated to a book, verse passage or something like that. That one seemed plausible....as did Bono's claim that they were all drunk.

I'd have more respect for them if they just came straight out and said, "No it wasn't biblical. We really were just fucking smashed." Clear it all up completely.

Biblical references, my ass.

I think the die hard U2 fans might actually die if this happened.

I'd have more respect for them if they just came straight out and said, "No it wasn't biblical. We really were just fucking smashed." Clear it all up completely.

Biblical references, my ass.

I think the die hard U2 fans might actually die if this happened.

Um, Bono did say they that booze was involved. Were they supposed to take a full page out in Rolling Stone, Spin and NME? It's a silly song, so a silly count in kinda fits.

Back