U.S. Senate Site Hacked Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'll bet Sony is breathing a huge sigh of relief right about now. Ten high profile hacking stories since the beginning of the week and none of them involve the PlayStation Network. :D

The U.S. Senate site was hacked again yesterday, Reuters reports. According to the news service, hackers breached the site and stole information, though the type of data taken was not divulged. Martina Bradford, the U.S. Senate's deputy sergeant at arms, confirmed the breach to Reuters yesterday. However, she said, the hackers are "getting nothing" of value.

It is ironic that a spokesperson for the politicians say that the intruders are "getting nothing of value" from the hack because isn't that is exactly what the American public get from elected officials?

It is ironic that a spokesperson for the politicians say that the intruders are "getting nothing of value" from the hack because isn't that is exactly what the American public get from elected officials?

/thread right there :D

I'll bet Sony is breathing a huge sigh of relief right about now. Ten high profile hacking stories since the beginning of the week and none of them involve the PlayStation Network. :D

A bunch of idiots flaming each other and acting like 10 year olds...I'm not sure whether I'm talking about the PSN or Congress.

beautiful, well-said.

You win the internets for the day! :D

But here's the thing, the majority of voters voted for these people, many time and time again so it's what the majority of people that voted asked for.

/thread

But here's the thing, the majority of voters voted for these people, many time and time again so it's what the majority of people that voted asked for.

/thread

it's just to bad that the number of voters, is a minority. And we have no choice of who is on the ballet, so what does it matter if you vote for person A, or person B, they both do nothing but spend tax money while helping out buddies with cushy jobs.

I'll start believing in democracy, the day that if me and 3 others think Joe down the street is the best man for the job, we can vote for him. Not have the people I don't want shoved down my throat, and called unpatriotic if I don't vote for asshole 1 or asshole 2.

I find it amusing how Congress demanded that Sony come to the Capitol and explain what's going on and tell them what they're going to do about it - then a couple weeks later, Congress is getting hacked left and right.

Who's going to demand Congress to stand in front of who and explain what's going on and what they're going to do about it?

I find it amusing how Congress demanded that Sony come to the Capitol and explain what's going on and tell them what they're going to do about it - then a couple weeks later, Congress is getting hacked left and right.

Who's going to demand Congress to stand in front of who and explain what's going on and what they're going to do about it?

^:D

+13. Sony should just LOL at them and tell them to eat dirt.

Whoever is running security for Congress' sites will be getting the "Congressional Hearing" treatment before too long. This will get ugly for some poor low level admins.

You'll have to wait until after the filibuster.:D

The Senate is probably enjoying the misdirection; it takes the pressure off of them to figure out what to do with the debt ceiling and Libya.

Back