Typing from wife's machine appears on my computer, possible keylogger?

SB22

[H]ard|Gawd
I'll be sitting at my computer, doing my work for my business, and all of a sudden, things that my wife are typing into her machine in the other room are appearing in cells on my Excel spread sheet. Excel is the only one we've seen it happen on, but we haven't tried this issue with any other programs. The computers are networked together along with half a dozen other machines.

We are a small business run out of our house and have a few employees working here as well w/ machines. Does anyone know what might cause such a problem. Could it possibly be a glitch in a keylogger that someone may have installed on the machines? I'm just afraid that maybe one of the employees has installed a keylogger onto our machines. I'm probably just over reacting, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem or what might be causing it, please let me know....

Actually, yes we do, but they are in separate rooms...i couldn't imagine this being the problem...the computers use to be next to each other for years and we never had problems with that, now they are in completely separate rooms

Try changing the channels on the keyboards. I know you say it has not happeded ever but things do happen. Kind of stranged though.

Killermac

That's the problem right there. The bands are interferring so at times what your wife types will end up on your screen too.

The same thing happens in my dorm. Tons of ppl here including me have logitech wireless keyboards. They can interfere with computers several rooms away (we have cheap dorms, thin walls). Putting them in secure mode is about the only thing that will stop it.

How would i go about changing the channel the keyboards are on? Both keyboards are the Logitech Wireless "Natural" keyboards, fairly old...

That'd be a fun joke to play on someone. Switch their wireless keyboards around. Well I think so anyways! ;)

Originally posted by foreignkid
The same thing happens in my dorm. Tons of ppl here including me have logitech wireless keyboards. They can interfere with computers several rooms away (we have cheap dorms, thin walls). Putting them in secure mode is about the only thing that will stop it.
lots of people and me have the logitech mx duos. i've never had a problem. it's probably because i set it in secure mode. somehow i came across the thingy to set it up and i didn't really know what it was but i decided to set it up anyway

Back