Red Squirrel
[H]F Junkie
- Joined
- Nov 29, 2009
- Messages
- 9,223
What is the typical tollerance a power supply can handle loss of power before it affects a typical computer/server?
I am looking into a DIY UPS solution, not sure what yet, but one of the main considerations is how fast it can switch over to the inverter power.
This is what I'm looking at:
http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-sw-3000.aspx
The transfer time is 20ms as stated on a 3rd party site:
http://www.donrowe.com/inverters/freedom_sw.html
So that is a bit over a single AC phase (at 60hz), is that still fast enough? This would feed a small sub panel which would then feed my servers, possibly my TV/HTPC and other equipment.
I am looking into a DIY UPS solution, not sure what yet, but one of the main considerations is how fast it can switch over to the inverter power.
This is what I'm looking at:
http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-sw-3000.aspx
The transfer time is 20ms as stated on a 3rd party site:
http://www.donrowe.com/inverters/freedom_sw.html
So that is a bit over a single AC phase (at 60hz), is that still fast enough? This would feed a small sub panel which would then feed my servers, possibly my TV/HTPC and other equipment.