Two Worlds 2 Expansion

So... since the expansion is the works, what is the general [H] consensus on the main game? I've been pondering it for a while but Two Worlds left me with a bad taste.

So... since the expansion is the works, what is the general [H] consensus on the main game? I've been pondering it for a while but Two Worlds left me with a bad taste.

A gorgeous engine that runs amazingly well. A magic system that's deeply satisfying, and completely unique - it involves cards, which stack on top of one another, and combine, to form amazing spells. A world that has different islands, each with its own unique appearance and feel (the massive graveyard, swamp level is just stunning).

Just a really well done 3'rd person RPG. I loved my time spent with this, and will be buying the expansion day one.

Wabe is correct. Two Worlds II is a pretty good action RPG. I would recommend picking it up if you're a fan of action RPGs.

I just got done playing this game on the Xbox 360 and I would like to give my impressions. The game is decent looking. The environments are nice and varied. The open world is fun to explore. There are various weapons, armors and magics to use and modify to suit many different playing styles. The skill and weapon upgrade system is unique and highly customizable.

Now for the bad. The movement of the player character is unrefined and imprecise. Jumping is a poorly implemented joke. The environment was excessively laggy at times, especially on the second big island. The magic system was overly complicated and woefully underexplained. Trying to sell any loot was a joke. You couldn't buy any raw materials except the occasional crystal. Some armor comes in sets, but good luck trying to complete one, and it's not like it matters if you do. Don't bother upgrading any armor or weapons until the very end because it takes so much raw materials to do so that you had better not waste any of the very limited amount you get from breaking down what you don't sell.

Also, the final battle was complete ass.

This game needed more work and refinement to be great, but I still enjoyed playing it and would recommend it to anyone who likes action RPGs.

Thanks for the insight, everyone. I'll take a look into the game in the near future.

Huh? So Risen2 is pirate themed with guns and now this game is also pirate themed?

I'm waiting for Two Worlds 2 to go on sale, it looks good but I've already got such a backlog of games I dont want to pay full price for it ;) By the time I finish The Witcher, The Witcher 2 will be out and that'll probably keep me going until mid June.

But this expansion looks like it could be cool.

I just got done playing this game on the Xbox 360 and I would like to give my impressions. The game is decent looking.

On the PC maxed out it's GORGEOUS looking.

The environments are nice and varied. The open world is fun to explore. There are various weapons, armors and magics to use and modify to suit many different playing styles. The skill and weapon upgrade system is unique and highly customizable.

Now for the bad. The movement of the player character is unrefined and imprecise. Jumping is a poorly implemented joke. The environment was excessively laggy at times, especially on the second big island. The magic system was overly complicated and woefully underexplained.

Except for lag and performance issues I agree with this to a point.
I've seen a lot worse but these things could have used some more refinement.

Trying to sell any loot was a joke. You couldn't buy any raw materials except the occasional crystal. Some armor comes in sets, but good luck trying to complete one, and it's not like it matters if you do. Don't bother upgrading any armor or weapons until the very end because it takes so much raw materials to do so that you had better not waste any of the very limited amount you get from breaking down what you don't sell.

Starting to see some of that myself although I'm not anywhere remotely close to completing the game.

This game needed more work and refinement to be great, but I still enjoyed playing it and would recommend it to anyone who likes action RPGs.

Agreed.

Huh? So Risen2 is pirate themed with guns and now this game is also pirate themed?

This and Skyrim are what I'm all about for this year.

It's nicely looking, but if you are in for a good plot and interesting NPCs... stay away from it. The main plot is weaker then american lager :p. It looks like it being rushed.

Also last act, when you arrive to finally confront the boss looks like being written by a very bored writer, speaking not of last boss fight that is just terrible. Even Risen last fight was better.

The WORST PART about Two Worlds 2 is the extremely disappointing and fairly unsatisfying ending. The ride along to the ending is pretty fun. The magic system, I never really played around with. I kind of took the melee-warrior route and still found the game fun. Also, I enjoyed a lot the mini-quests, storyline and dialogue right up till the end. The leveling system was ok too.

I agree with Wabe Walker that the different islands like the "asian" themed island, "desert" island, swamp-island etc worked pretty well. They were fairly generic in a way though and what you'd expect from an rpg.

The WORST PART about Two Worlds 2 is the extremely disappointing and fairly unsatisfying ending.

Except I think these days everyone knows all that means is the layup for the eventual and inevitable DLC that includes material that really should have been in the base game to begin with.

I love the game but find it annoying that SLI doesn't work in DX10 mode. I get good frames but would like to utilize my 2nd card for some areas when the graphics get heavy.

Back