• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Two watercooling options for p180

aarong50

n00b
Joined
May 28, 2005
Messages
51
After searching around for a few days looking for a watercooling option for a p180 and a 939 mobo I have come to this. Not sure if anyone else knows so I wanted to pass this info on because sometimes its hard to find this stuff.

First option: Thermaltake Big Water system. According to Thermaltake this works with socket 939 mobos even though most websites list it as working for the p4 and 754 only. One guy already fit this to his mobo so I know it works for sure and it is relatively cheap.

Second option: The route im going to most likely take. Dangerden, after conversing with emails they guarantee me a custom kit consisting of these componets will fit the p180 and do what I deserve - cool quietly. Here is a list of componets I hope I helped someone else who was in the same predicament I was a couple days ago.

"By using a Black Ice Xtreme radiator on the back 120mm fan hole you can set up the following items.

TDX A64 Lucite 1/2"
Maze4 GPU Acetal Top 1/2"
Black Ice Xtreme Radiator 1/2"
Papst 120mm Fan with connector
D-5 Pump 1/2" (out of stock until next week) Or if your really pushed for space the DDC with 1/2" Adaptors
10 Feet of 1/2" Tygon Tubing
MCT-5 Water Replacement
Fillerport and T
Arctic Silver Ceramique"
 
The DangerDen route will outperform the Bigwater easily. Also, right now, there is a coupon @ DD for 20% off all orders over $100. PDXLANCOOL is the code
My only suggestion would be to ditch the MCT-5. It sucks. Hardcore. Distilled water and anti-freeze is the way to go.
 
Thanks for the tip. I was just trying to help anyone else out who is actually looking for a kit that will fit completely internally in this case.
 
yea, but the MCT-5 (or -40) is free with orders over $100. Or it used to be up until a week ago. I haven't checked since then.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale! I'll be buying from them soon, and that is good to know.

A few SMALL changes. Get 3/8" tubing as 1/2" is overly large, doesn't give much benefit at all over 3/8", is harder to route, and just looks plain uglier!

Personally I'd get a reservoir over the T-line and fillport.

And instead of a Black Ice Extreme, get a single heatercore or Black Ice Pro. Both are a lot cheaper and will do the same job. Get the heatercore if your fan has >80CFM and the BIP if it has <80cfm.

And DD has a deal where you can get the TDX and the D5 bundled for $108.75! BIIIIG savings.

----

And don't get the TT kit. It will cool like crap if you OC at all.
 
Back
Top