Ok guys, my story is actually quite strange..
I currently have a BFG Geforce 6800GT in my AGP Slot, which i use to run two monitors. My friend at college isnt using his CRT right now so i threw in an old PCI video card, an S3 ViRGE card to be exact, and attempted to run 3 monitors. When i booted with AGP set to primary, i had no luck. When i booted with PCI set to primary, i was able to enable the monitors on my AGP card after booting into windows. So everything worked.
I was in my bios yesterday and I changed the default back to AGP, hoping it would still work... but no luck... So i switched it back to PCI... still no luck! If i boot with the AGP set to primary in the bios, the PCI card has "Error code 10. Device cannot start" in the device manager. The same thing happens with the AGP card if i have the PCI set to primary in the bios. I tried switchin the PCI card to two other pci slots.. no dice.... can anyone help me?
I currently have a BFG Geforce 6800GT in my AGP Slot, which i use to run two monitors. My friend at college isnt using his CRT right now so i threw in an old PCI video card, an S3 ViRGE card to be exact, and attempted to run 3 monitors. When i booted with AGP set to primary, i had no luck. When i booted with PCI set to primary, i was able to enable the monitors on my AGP card after booting into windows. So everything worked.
I was in my bios yesterday and I changed the default back to AGP, hoping it would still work... but no luck... So i switched it back to PCI... still no luck! If i boot with the AGP set to primary in the bios, the PCI card has "Error code 10. Device cannot start" in the device manager. The same thing happens with the AGP card if i have the PCI set to primary in the bios. I tried switchin the PCI card to two other pci slots.. no dice.... can anyone help me?