Two USB controller I cannot connect

redoc

n00b
I need to connect two Kinects to an ASUS motherboard model: H81M-CT. Each Kinect must be connected in an independent USB2 controller. These are 1st generation Kinects for XBOX 360. The computer runs a 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate, with Kinect SDK v1.8 and .NET framework v4.5.

I have tried all the combinations to plugg the two Kinects in the available USB ports. That included the two on the board connectors for USB (USB910 and USB1112). Every time, the device manager showed both Kinects connected to a single USB controller. Thus, it was imposible to use the Kinects as I espected.

According to the Device Manager, there are two additional USB controllers. So far, I have not found a port or even another connectors on the board to connect the Kinects yet.

I have attached pictures of the device manager pointing these two controllers and the Motherboard Layout included on its disk.

What am I doing wrong here ?
Any idea ?

Thank you very much in advance !!

Attachments

• contentMotherboardLayout_H81M-CT.jpg
    contentMotherboardLayout_H81M-CT.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 18
  • deviceManager.jpg
    deviceManager.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 18
  • motherboardLayout_H81M-CT.jpg
    motherboardLayout_H81M-CT.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15
If I'm reading this correctly, according to device manager, there are not two "additional" USB controllers, there are just two USB controllers total. One of these would be the USB 2.0 controller, the other would be the USB 3.0 controller. And there shouldn't be any additional controllers on the motherboard, since it has 8 USB 2.0 ports total and the H81 chipset natively support 8 USB 2.0 ports.

If you need another USB 2.0 controller, I recommend an add-in USB card.

The Intel USB 3.0 controller, even though it seems that it has an integrated 2.0 controller, is not-two-separate controllers. It is actually one controller with a backwards compatible function. Sometimes, this compatible layer doesn't work well with later 2.0 devices. I do agree with sinisterdei, a separate controller should do you good-should.

Back