• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Two new IPS monitors from HP

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
20,057
http://www.twice.com/article/486217-HP_Unveils_IPS_PC_Monitors.php

HP Unveils IPS PC Monitors


New York - Hewlett-Packard has introduced its first two consumer PC monitors that use IPS panel technology.

The IPS technology, which originated in HP's commercial monitor line, allows viewing angles of up to 178 degrees, said Kevin Wentzel, HP's technical marketing manager.

The first two models ship on June 24.

The 23-inch version carries a $239 suggested retail, while the 20-inch model will start at $169.


The models are Energy Star qualified and have an EPEAT rating of Silver.
 
The 23" version (2311xi) has been known about for a while now. Some sources are just slow at picking these things up. The 20" 2011xi is nice to see for some users though I'm sure.
 
No decent stand/mount just kills the monitor for me. Rather pay abit more for usability. They should add usb port as well. Especially powered usb 3.0. Think only Samsung high end PLP has them.
 
BestBuy circular ad (in Houston, not sure if other areas) has the 23 inch for $179 and 20 inch for $139 thia week.
 
If anyone finds a thorough review on the 2311XI please post it - I can find none. I am wondering how its ghosting is compared to the Dell U2312HM. The Dell is listed as 8ms GtG and the HP 7ms but those numbers do not really tell as the Dell is very good not to show ghosting whereas a 4ms BenQ I recently tried was worse in showing ghosting.
 
I don't know, but that's what HP is unveiling. I guess they're asking money for this one.
 
I just got a U2312HM that i will likely keep but I am currently trying an HP 231xi and deciding which to keep.

HPs 2311xi seems to have less aggressive anti-glare. It has AG but it does not seem as thick as the U2312HM's AG coating does.

It has a good picture. I would be hard press to say which one I like better because unless I get close, the AG of both seems the same - the Dell only shows thicker if you get next to it.

Its ghosting seem close but a little more than the U2312HMs.

It is pretty flimsy/wobbly in its stand compared to the pretty solid U2312HM's stand and the 2311xi's stand has no adjustment - you can only change the tilt of the panel - no height, side to side or panel rotation as you get on the Dell. The various in monitor controls do not seem as flexible and dynamic, in what you can do, as with Dell's U2312HM and it is hard to keep from rocking the monitor with the way it is flimsy and with the buttons being corner bottoms - you have to hold that side's top corner to keep it from rocking, or lightly press the buttons as you use them but then they do no register what you are trying to do as well.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top