Two more Eizo EV2736W arrived, one is a keeper

seiyafan

Weaksauce
I recently purchased an Eizo EV2736W but wasn't very happy with it due to some back light bleeding (http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1720480&page=9), so I returned it and bought two more. After both arrived today I placed them side by side, and hit the power button, here what I captured with ISO 100 at 1.3 seconds exposure:

It's pretty obvious which one will be sent back.

Here's another shot with less exposure time, this one is closer to what my eyes actually saw:

I calibrated the right one and here's the result:

In conclusion, all three Eizo had zero bad pixel and calibration results are all superb, but Eizo could (and should) improve their quality control on back light bleeding.

Last edited:
Really starting to wonder just WTF is going on with monitors these days. Seems like everyone is getting shitty monitors with horrible backlight bleed or dead pixels. All of my older LCD's that still work are great. Never a dead pixel, no bleed. Now.....now we get to play the monitor lottery.

Sucks, because I really want a 27" for gaming. Looks like I'll have to buy 5 of them and return the worst 4.

This is my second Eizo. My first is still running like a horse since I bought it in '05. That's why I decided to go with Eizo again, thinking the best must have gotten even better in the last eight years. Oh well, live and learn, what more can I say?

Is the contrast the same on both before or after calibration?

Is the contrast the same on both before or after calibration?

I did a black level measurement before the calibration and it was 0.08, I remember the one I returned had black level at 0.11 with similar brightness, so this one has a higher contrast, hmm, very interesting. :D

p.s. just did some measurement, black level was 0.12 at 120 cd and 0.24 at 240 cd, so contrast is 1000:1

Last edited:
I am going to buy one next week when I get the refund for the broken fg2421.

I am going to buy one next week when I get the refund for the broken fg2421.
Hmmm... This is exactly what I'm looking for on the net for a while - comparision (altought not direct - if I understand it correctly) of this 2 monitors...

I like the speed and black on fg2421 but am afraid of VA black crush...
ev2736 should have beter Picture (without IPS glow, VA black and other "unplesent elements") but with poor black and slow (?) responses

pls. really post your review... thanks...

After about 2-3 years of flip flopping around on what external display to go with, I just took the plunge and bought the 23" version from B&H, and I am praying I win the panel lottery.

I don't have the energy to mess with return shipping over and over to get a good one...I'm just going to take what I get barring any major defects.

My Eizo EV2736W arrived a few weeks ago but it had terrible backlight bleed in the bottom left of the screen, well visible even in normal lighting/images.

Would have been great apart from the bleed but I couldn't be bothered going for another gamble so ditched it in favour of a BenQ 32" VA.

Back