TWO MONTHS of Christmas from Galaxy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Every week from now to Christmas Galaxy will be giving away one of its video cards that covers almost its entire line of video cards. This week we start with the Galaxy GT210 video card with 1GB of VRAM. This could be the perfect card for a HTPC build!

You can check out the card here.

To enter this week simply post in this thread ONCE and tell us how you think Galaxy has done during its first full year in the video card market and what you would like to see from Galaxy in the future. Or if you want to puss out, just write something stupid like you you usually do when you post. :p.

Good luck. We will draw a random winner next week and will notify you by PM. If you do not respond to the PM in 12 hours, we will move to our next winner. I highly suggest you turn on email notification for PMs if you are not going to be online Monday.

This drawing is open to North American residents only.

meh im just happy to see another valid contender in the high end gpu market with others leaving

and they seem to be using better than reference coolers which is nice to see

Happy to see an nvidia vendor doing well, when a few others have recently closed.

Galaxy. A brand that seemed to appear out of nowhere in the US video card market. They really have come to compete. However, they need to make one more step. Get the lifetime warranty and step-up program like EVGA has.

In any case, glad to have Galaxy in the market.

This will never happen. It is bad business and if you look closely at EVGA's lineup it is slowly backing away from this as well. - Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:
Galaxy has been doing great at putting out deals, I always see deals from them.

I like the additional competition and their products seem to be rock solid.

They've (Galaxy) certainly been doing a big PR push this year it seems. I never really considered Galaxy cards until this year when they came out with that modular fan design on the 470. But what do I want to see from Galaxy..? How about a GTX 580 next week? :p

woot!

I don't own a Galaxy card yet but I hope to do in the near future.

Last edited:
Just want Galaxy to be price concious and competitive. 1st and foremost, keep the customer service and warranty service top notch. Too many companies that handle warranty work like shit.

I own a Galaxy 470 GTX and they did great with this card. Even if reference the cooler cover was great. I would like to see more custom cooling solutions that don't use more power than reference.

Really happy with the way Galaxy has been working with the enthusiast market. They need to keep up the good work, most people didn't even know who galaxy was a year ago. I would like to see some kind of lifetime warranty from them.

I think Galaxy is doing an excellent job entering into the void left in the video card market. I especially appreciate having a live person that hits up the forums i visit (this is often the decider on what brand i use). my only suggestion would be to have a lifetime warranty series of cards, even if the premium is a little higher. However the general stance towards the enthusiast community is something i am rather happy with.

They've had a slow start this year. Looking at the forums they don't seem to be penetrating the market place very deeply(wow that sounded dirty). I think if they want to make a bigger splash they need to undercut manufacturers or start catering to the [H] groups with more advanced cooling, maybe water cooling. additionally the new Fan design is great except from what I've seen the fan itself is a bit cheap which I think is what led to the loud factor on the GTX460. I'd like to see a really solid fan on the next card. Something nice and heavy maybe partner with Zalman. For what it's worth I love my GTS250's.

They've managed to win over quite a few people in the short amount of time (relatively) that they've been selling to enthusiasts. We can all hope that the PR campaign continues, and stuff like this keeps occuring.

I hope they continue.
They need to work on cooling and noise.
FORGET THE BS WOW THE FAN COMES OFF

Echoing earlier comments, good customer service is just as important to my purchasing decisions as performance.

In a market that is, at best, low margin and whose competitors offer ubiquitous products, it's nice to see Galaxy jump in and innovate a bit, like the tilting fan cards.

I can't think of a better way for me to switch what brand of video card I buy than giving me a free one to try out.

Count me in.

I haven't had the opportunity to test their hardware yet, but they appear to have come a long way in only a year. If I were to buy a card today, I would definitely consider one of their offerings over some manufacturers that have been around much longer than they have!

Galaxy has come out with a really innovative cooling solution this year. Just keep coming up with good ideas. I'm in.

I'd like to see Galaxy extend their warranty beyond 2 years as most other vendors offer at least 3 years. It would also be nice if they added more utility to their GC fan design. For example, modifying it to accept standard 80mm fans that are user replaceable.

Otherwise, it appears they are building a solid reputation here at [H] with their customer service. I will definitely consider them in the future.

It's nice to see cards on the market that aren't a complete carbon copy of reference designs, especially in the cooling department.

I like that you guys actually some thought into how your heatsink/fan shrouds look and you don't just go for a normal black plastic shroud with your logo on it. There isn't a single video card you guys make that I don't think looks good.

In the future I would like to see longer warranty on the video cards. To be honest, it's what keeps me from buying a Galaxy card.

I'm in.

All I have to say is kudos to the guys running Galaxy. Seeing as a couple of the big dogs videocard companies went out of business, it's refreshing to see a company like Galaxy push hard to make a great impression and capture the attention of many PC gaming enthusiasts by offering very solid products.

Hooray for giveaways! :p

I'm always welcoming of additional competition. I've also heard some good things about their cards from Galaxy owners.

They have done good marketing of their company with GTX460 series! I had never heard too much about galaxy brand before they offered their GTX460 for good price on newegg!

They did marketing very well, now one imp. thing they need to take care about are.

1. Customer Support.
2. RMA.

:)

Stupid Stuff

Oh and I know your name, and that a pretty good start, but you didn't choose my suggestion for the fan name thing...

I'm in this thread, making a post. Hopefully I'm in your drawing, winning something.

I'm always glad for more manufacturers in the video card market. Especially one like Galaxy who try to bring innovation to thr market, and not just cookie cutter cards like most others.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Bought one Galaxy card, haven't had any issues, so can't comment on customer service. They do have good price though usually.

As long as galaxy can keep up good customer service, people will like them. :D

they are stepping up this year in full force, never had their products but will soon. Heard good things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back