Two different Internet connections on one computer

thurstmw

Weaksauce
Is it possible to use two different Internet connections on one computer? I have a htpc which I would like some applications to use a wireless card and others to use Ethernet. The Ethernet and wireless are on two different networks. Any way I can separate these connections and define particular applications to use one connection or another?

Is it possible to use two different Internet connections on one computer? I have a htpc which I would like some applications to use a wireless card and others to use Ethernet. The Ethernet and wireless are on two different networks. Any way I can separate these connections and define particular applications to use one connection or another?

why would you want to do this ?

why would you want to do this ?

There is a network which I would prefer to do some downloading on while still being connected to the network which my ps3 and other computers are connected to for media streaming and the such.

i use to be setup that way and you can one up that and be connection to two different isp with one adsl modem depending.i use to use twin external ips my self that is till my isp got in my face about it.

but i know how if this kind of setup would work in your part of the world, it might not.

two different Internet connections
btw we talking about twin external ips or internal ? o_O

we talking about twin wan ips needed ?

If youre ok with all internet traffic for the htpc going over wireless yet also still being able to have acces to it via lan then just let up both connections like you normally would but on the wired connection leave the default gateway blank. this will keep the htpc on the wired network while only allowing it internet access on the wireless network

If youre ok with all internet traffic for the htpc going over wireless yet also still being able to have acces to it via lan then just let up both connections like you normally would but on the wired connection leave the default gateway blank. this will keep the htpc on the wired network while only allowing it internet access on the wireless network

Thanks extremely helpful, basically exactly what I wanted.

Back