Two cool new rack panel items I saw

MinPins

Limp Gawd
I saw this display at a local networking manufacturer and distributor.
The top panel is new, and although this one is filled with multi-colored Cat5e keystones the individual ports can be fitted with any combination of the keystones below it and they will all install flush. So in one 24 port rack panel you could have BNC, RCA, Y/C, F, Cat5e, Cat6, whatever that particular install required. He mentioned they were working on a mini-HDMI connector since a regular size HDMI would not fit.
In the middle of the display is a prototype cable organizer made out of 'paint brush bristles'. Very easy to just slip a cable through it and/or make changes to a rack space that sees a lot of modifications. The guy I spoke with said the production model will keep all of the bristles behind the face plate. Disclaimer: I do not work for or represent this company in any way.

IMAG0204_crop.jpg

Both those are already available, i have had the brush type one on my rack for a while now its not a new product. Its cheap but works pretty well.

Last edited:
Yea those keystone modular patch panels are even available from office depot lol

I have one of those blank patch panels at home, they are pretty cool. I useit for phone/cat6 and eventually coax.

We use th he keystone patch panels monoprice has em, just very easy

hmmm i might grab one of those 36 port ones, i have the 2u 24 port one from monoprice, and i'm just so space tight on my rack i need an extra u back LOL

EDIT wow nevermind, 100 bucks for it, forget that haha

Last edited:
We use th he keystone patch panels monoprice has em, just very easy

Yep that's the one I use. Love it. Have lot of room but plan to add more jacks around the house over time. I mounted it on two 2x2's on the wall. When I buy/build a rack I might move it to the rack though, not sure. There is enough play in the cabling so wont need to resplice anything.

Every manufacturer has some kind of snap in panel...panduit, leviton, hubbell...some are specific to that brand and some will work with any keystone jack. I saw an ad in one of my magazines that ICC has keystone HDMI couplers.

Back