Two 4200+ showing different default Vcore?

Link

Gawd
I recently got one retail and one oem 4200+, and oddly, they don't run at the same default voltage. The mobo displays the oem default voltage being .06v higher than the retail.
Just to make sure, I've swapped out cpus twice and the CnQ was disabled.
What's going on here?:confused:

IIRC, It may be because the Rev.E cores are actually variable voltabe. Recommended setting should be 1.4V, but they can operate in a range lower to higher than that.

Im under the idea that the 4200 are what didnt yeild 4600 results so they were clocked down and shipped out. But I also think the ones with more voltage come that way to maintain a stable clock making them the rejects of the rejects. My opinion.

burningrave101 said:
Overclock them both and see which one overclocks better. My 4400+ came at 1.3V stock.

So did mine, but theoretically, that shouldn't be possible. The voltage range on the 4400+ is 1.35 to 1.40 volts. Do you have a DFI Lanparty by any chance? Mine seems to chronically low-ball the voltage estimate, though it gets better as the voltage goes up.

rhashem said:
So did mine, but theoretically, that shouldn't be possible. The voltage range on the 4400+ is 1.35 to 1.40 volts. Do you have a DFI Lanparty by any chance? Mine seems to chronically low-ball the voltage estimate, though it gets better as the voltage goes up.

Yea i have a DFI NF4 Lanparty. It was 1.3V-1.35V at stock though, i actually can't remember which at the moment. Software reports around .044V lower then the BIOS setting. I thought it was 1.3V but it may of been 1.35V.

burningrave101 said:
Yea i have a DFI NF4 Lanparty. It was 1.3V-1.35V at stock though, i actually can't remember which at the moment. Software reports around .044V lower then the BIOS setting. I thought it was 1.3V but it may of been 1.35V.

I see. Glad I'm not the only one to run into this.

Back