Twitter Shares Hit Lowest Level Ever

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that Twitter's shares are at an all time low, we should start taking bets on just how low the stock will go. Wall Street seems to think shares will rebound but, in my total non-professional opinion, I think more hurting is on the horizon for Twitter's stock if the company can't get its poop in a group.

Twitter is down 40% this year. It is nearly 50% below its IPO price of $26 and more than 80% lower than the peak of $74.73 it hit way back in December 2013 -- one month after it went public. (Those were the days!) There wasn't any news to explain the stock's slide on Tuesday. But Twitter has continued to slip since it reported earnings last week. Sales missed forecasts and investors were also disappointed by the company's outlook.

Thanks for the image of physically pushing poop into a group.

But I concur, I never understood the bandwagon on social media. If it's "cool" to be part of something, you better be damn sure it gets uncool real quick when corporations get involved. When Gizmodo has an article like 7 Corporate Twitter Accounts That Are Actually Not Terrible, you can be certain there is an unlimited number of corporate accounts that actually are.

I don't know why Twitter has any value at all, they're not profitable and never have been. It's all predicated on the idea that they might figure out a way to make money at some point.

it's almost like worthless overvalued companies are part of some bubble that's going to burst... if only we had seen this coming, or you know, experienced it before

it's almost like worthless overvalued companies are part of some bubble that's going to burst... if only we had seen this coming, or you know, experienced it before

Dude like you mean like that 90's tech bubble where all the dot com businesses like Ask Jeeve's, Apple, IBM, AOL, GeoCities, Lycos (what even was that) and stuff went up in smoke never to be heard from again?

If the history repeats itself 2017 will be Most Excellent.

Waynes_World_Excellent.gif

The difference I see is that some of these companies make money, just nowhere near their massively bloated payrolls and growth plans. Like Uber...why the fuck they need thousands of actual employees (not counting drivers) I have no idea. You need ~1,200 developers to do...what exactly? The core app is there, done.

We'll see a major adjustment, but I don't see it a full burst like '01.

Dude like you mean like that 90's tech bubble where all the dot com businesses like Ask Jeeve's, Apple, IBM, AOL, GeoCities, Lycos (what even was that) and stuff went up in smoke never to be heard from again?

I think pets.com was the pinnacle of the 90s bubble

I think pets.com was the pinnacle of the 90s bubble

Yeah. I think this bubble will be more of a slow burn involving many rather than a quick blaze burning up the weak. Purportedly pets.com went from funded to liquidated in under a year. People may have gotten wiser but the businesses themselves are not solvent. Google for instance has done a pretty good job of diversifying itself. It actually makes money. Twitter on the other hand does not have a product. I don't understand for the life of me why they don't just plug adsense into the site to start making some cash. I mean, really.

If the history repeats itself 2017 will be Most Excellent.

Waynes_World_Excellent.gif

I haven't thought of Lycos for years. I spent a rather obscene amount of time in Lycos chat rooms when I was in my teens.

There is some price at which TWTR is a good buy, unless one actually thinks the company is truly so worthless that it isn't even worth the office space they're occupying. The question is, how low is that price and how long must one wait in order to finally have the opportunity?

The difference I see is that some of these companies make money, just nowhere near their massively bloated payrolls and growth plans. Like Uber...why the fuck they need thousands of actual employees (not counting drivers) I have no idea. You need ~1,200 developers to do...what exactly? The core app is there, done.

We'll see a major adjustment, but I don't see it a full burst like '01.
They could be a bunch of analysts to help them acquire some irrelevant tech company that you could simply hire a programmer to develop for a few thousand, but instead pay somewhere between 5 to 50 million because tech acquisition means growth, and growth means more investor money.

Back