Twitter Now Offers A 'Quality Filter'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Now that Twitter is offering a new quality filter to everyone, you can expect to see a 99.9% reduction in tweets in your notifications list. Thanks Twitter! :D

Last year we began testing a quality filter setting and we’re now rolling out a feature for everyone. When turned on, the filter can improve the quality of Tweets you see by using a variety of signals, such as account origin and behavior. Turning it on filters lower-quality content, like duplicate Tweets or content that appears to be automated, from your notifications and other parts of your Twitter experience. It does not filter content from people you follow or accounts you’ve recently interacted with – and depending on your preferences, you can turn it on or off in your notifications settings.

Quality Filter = Anything considered not left wing enough will be filtered.

Don't you already filter what you read anyway by following your interests?

It does not filter content from people you follow or accounts you’ve recently interacted with – and depending on your preferences, you can turn it on or off in your notifications settings.
If it doesn't filter content from people you follow and interact with then what does it filter? The only thing I see on my feed is stuff from people I follow.

So now they can blame all the censorship on an algorithm!
Pretty much the google explanation. Its the algorithms. I think facebook played that card until the recent bru-ha-ha, proven or not, showed that human fingers are in the news selection.

Back