Twitter content not loading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
All tweets embedded in posts have never made it past "Loading" over the past several weeks - have seen this on multiple devices. Something I'm missing?

Are you using Firefox?

Firefox's tracking protection blocks embedded tweets.
It blocks a lot of other things too.
That's something Twitter will have to work out with Mozilla.

Chrome

This is what I see on both my phones and laptops:

upload_2018-1-21_13-7-31.png

Also tried viewing this page in an incognito window as well without logging in - same result

Same with Opera
Same as in you can't see them or you can see them?

I'm not running an adblocker on my phones or my laptops for the forum. At a loss of what it could be.

Here is the script I see running for each tweet frame:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html><!-- This file is PUBLIC DOMAIN. Idea inspired by https://twitframe.com --><title>Content from Twitter</title><body style=margin:0><blockquote class=twitter-tweet><a data-dnt=true rel=nofollow>Loading tweet...</a></blockquote><script>var a=document.body.firstChild,d=window.navigator||{};a.firstChild.href="//twitter.com/user/status/"+location.hash.substr(1);d.languages&&d.languages.length?a.setAttribute("data-lang",d.languages[0]):d.language&&a.setAttribute("data-lang",d.language);addEventListener("message",function(b){if("s9e:"===b.data.substr(0,4)){b.stopImmediatePropagation();var c,e=b.data.substr(4);setInterval(function(){c===(c=document.documentElement.getBoundingClientRect().height)||100>c||b.source.postMessage({height:c,id:e},b.origin)},100)}})</script><script src=//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js></script>

I see tweets just fine in Opera and Firefox. And even Edge.

I have the same issue on my PC using FIrefox.
I use chrome on my tablet and that works fine, as well as chrome on my PC.
It is a FIrefox thing I guess. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it tho.
Even reset my firefox profile or whatever it is called and had a fresh go of it, same issue.

If I right click open as a new tab it takes me to twit and loads the page fine.
BUT, if I click the loading tweet link directly I get a message in a white box that says:
Blocked by Content Security Policy

This page has a content security policy that prevents it from being loaded in this way.

So I have been just opening them in a new tab as a work around.

Embedded tweets are blocked on chrome when the "block third-party cookies" content setting is set to enabled. It might be something similar for other browers.

Edit: If you use that setting, you should be able to whitelist cookies from: platform.twitter.com

Last edited:
Embedded tweets are blocked on chrome when the "block third-party cookies" content setting is set to enabled. It might be something similar for other browers.

I just made an exception in Firefox for twitter cookies and now everything loads as it should.
Very nice, Thanks for the tip.

Edit: If you use that setting, you should be able to whitelist cookies from: platform.twitter.com
Bingo - thanks!

Locking now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back