Twitch sued for £2.1bn over Premier League by Russian firm

erek

[H]F Junkie
Hmm, could be a game changer of judicial precedence! YouTube already facing a lot of problems!

""Our suit against Twitch is to defend our exclusive rights to broadcast English Premier League matches and we will continue to actively combat pirate broadcasts," said Mikhail Gershkovich, head of Rambler Group's sports project, in a statement.

BBC News has contacted Amazon for comment.

Rambler bought exclusive digital distribution rights for the English Premier League in 2019, for three seasons.

It is holding talks with Twitch in the hope of reaching a settlement agreement.

Amazon holds the exclusive rights to a number of Premier League matches in the UK over the next three years."

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50809222

It took me a while to realize what this is about and... wow. Football news on my [H] feed? How about NO

I equate that to walking into a starbucks just to announce to everyone "I do NOT like starbucks! That is all!"
I hate coffee, the taste of it and the smell of it. No one should drink coffee anywhere near me to not offend my sensibilities

back on topic. Sounds like the whole "lets sue company X for hosting something that a billion users use, and how dare they not monitor every piece of content" angle for the lawsuit

I hate coffee, the taste of it and the smell of it. No one should drink coffee anywhere near me to not offend my sensibilities

back on topic. Sounds like the whole "lets sue company X for hosting something that a billion users use, and how dare they not monitor every piece of content" angle for the lawsuit

worked on napster.

and limewire

and megaupload.

The way I see it is if the pirates offer a better service then the problem is with the service. Exclusive distribution rights deals are a plague. Even when I sign up on a digital sports network half the time the content will be blocked because someone else has an exclusive deal for them in my region. I'm not going to pay for a service that may or may not show the events I'm interested in. So piracy is a better service then.

d3423w2g5ur21.jpg

Back