TwinMos BH-5 Vs. Sammy TCCD

Link

Gawd
I've had these TwinMos BH-5 modules for about 2 years, but never able to see its full capabilities due to voltage limitation.
Currently, it's doing 2-3-3-10-2T @ 226mhz on Epox 9NDA3+. Unless I mod the mobo, it will never supply above 2.8V. Setting the CAS to 2.5 doesn't at all.
Is it worth spending $200+ for new modules with sammy TCCD chips on BrainPower PCB?

It's more worth it spending $50 and buying an OCZ booster so you can get to 3.6v. If it doesnt work on your mobo then maybe, but i'd upgrade the system instead in that case and keep the BH-5 :)

Unforturnately, the booster is not compatible with 9NDA3+ according to OCZ.

Well....why not just buy a new motherboard and a booster? would still cost less than buying new tccd :)

I'm serious btw.

Don't like those motherboards compatible with the booster.:p
and I have to reinstall everything again.

plus 3.6v is a lot to be running through your ram for extended periods of time. even bh-5 will see some very premature deaths and some overheating problems. time to break out an extra fan on your ram ;)
and how much are you looking for? tccd shouldn't be too much more than 200-250 for 1gb..

You can always sell the BH-5; and get some TCCD, if you like. You'd likely still have some money left over from the transaction. :)
(cf)Eclipse said:
plus 3.6v is a lot to be running through your ram for extended periods of time. even bh-5 will see some very premature deaths and some overheating problems. time to break out an extra fan on your ram ;)
and how much are you looking for? tccd shouldn't be too much more than 200-250 for 1gb..
You can get some ramsinks; and then some quiet 40-mm fans - the sunon maglev fans come to mind... :). Or, even get waterblocks for the ram, although they aren't very user-friendly atm.

Link said:
Unforturnately, the booster is not compatible with 9NDA3+ according to OCZ.
I feel you pain. It won't work with my Lanparty either. I am sure we will see updates in the future. I would love to ge able to add more juice to my ram.

You have to be all kinds of st00pid to even need a booster for Lanparty 250UT... you even have an adjustable 3.3 line... :eek: what a fucking moron. Honestly, I don't know what else to do, but flame you for it... you can easily have as much vdimm as your heart desires; and you go buy a DDR booster, then complain that it doesn't work. These people... :eek:

Back