Twilight Princess delayed! :(

Gamestop called me just now informing me that Nintendo won't be releasing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess until after March '06 :(

Yep. I was notified by NoE this morning that they delayed the game so they could add a few more features to the game. They didn't give a specific release date, but it should be out in Q1/Q2 06'.

Also, while we're on the subject... they released seven new screenshots which can all be found here.

WickedAngel said:
Say farewell to the Fall 2004 Gamecube lineup :p
Yeah, I know right? The notice I got from NoE said that we could look forward to games like Battalion Wars and Pokemon XD for Holiday 2005, and my jaw literally dropped to the floor.

Thus, my GameCube will remain in the closet where it has sat since I purchased it (after waiting in line for four hours that is). :rolleyes:

I guess it would only benifit me because I don't have a GQ anymore (my little brother sold it for some naughty plants) but I will be buying the Revolution. So in the end I will have a better game to play. They need to make SURE that the game will get 5 stars across the board.

And GameStop just yesterday told me the release date was set in stone, since that's what the Nintendo rep had said! Oh, the dramas of the video game industry.

I have to be honest about this... a Twilight Princess delay has not upset my day, week, month, year, whatever. I used to be excited about it, but after some of Eiji Aonuma's comments in various interviews, some elements of the game seem to have been scaled back, and some others weren't fully realized in the way they should be. I'll probably still pick it up, but at this point... it's not looking like the game it should have been.

Terpfen said:
And GameStop just yesterday told me the release date was set in stone, since that's what the Nintendo rep had said! Oh, the dramas of the video game industry.

I have to be honest about this... a Twilight Princess delay has not upset my day, week, month, year, whatever. I used to be excited about it, but after some of Eiji Aonuma's comments in various interviews, some elements of the game seem to have been scaled back, and some others weren't fully realized in the way they should be. I'll probably still pick it up, but at this point... it's not looking like the game it should have been.
sounds like the delay is to make it what they wanted it to be

I'm kinda out of touch in the gaming scene. I though from your thread title that your date (significant other) wasn't showing up.
:D

Any game could be made better with delay upon delay. There comes a time when you've got to release a game and accept it as done. I've yet to see any developer release a game that had everything they wanted in the final product.

WickedAngel said:
Any game could be made better with delay upon delay. There comes a time when you've got to release a game and accept it as done. I've yet to see any developer release a game that had everything they wanted in the final product.
Your logic makes perfect sense, but we can't even be sure that the game is a finished product at this point. If you recall all of the skeptism surrounding the Half-Life 2 leak, then you'll remember that little "rumor" that got around saying HL2 wasn't even close to being finished.

Should we then believe that Nintendo is far from being finished with the game? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Games get delayed all the time for one reason or another, which is why publishers and developers are very careful about what they say in their press releases. If you don't know what I mean, try checking through the "State of the Game" reports from Mythic Entertainment and the disclaimers they throw in about future plans. It's the same thing we see with every other company, but Mythic puts it right out on the table so no one gets confused.

WickedAngel said:

Kinda like when Blizzard says the release date of one of their games, just add a year and a half thats when their open beta is released ;)

Back