Tweaking the XP Start Menu (Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

svet-am

Supreme [H]ardness
At work I've got admin rights on my new computer but IT ships it with some defaults that I don't like. By default, they configure it so that Control Panel, My Computer, and My Documents are links (the subdirectories and other items pop out of them as submenus) instead of being links that open a new window that goes to the appropriate place. This may be a "shortcut" for some people but it's really hampering my productivity. How do I return these Start Menu items to their default behavior?

Assuming it's not a policy that would override local changes, right click on the Task Bar, Go into the advanced section of the customizations and turn it off. I usually change them to be the fly out menus on my images, simply because it makes the options available faster than waiting for the full window to open, but to each his own.

Assuming it's not a policy that would override local changes, right click on the Task Bar, Go into the advanced section of the customizations and turn it off. I usually change them to be the fly out menus on my images, simply because it makes the options available faster than waiting for the full window to open, but to each his own.

many thanks. that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back