TVersity experts needed.

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok after fresh install of Vista Ultimate x86 i thought i would try out tversity again to stream media to my PS3, so i followed a PS3 guide and at first it didn't seem to work at all everything installs and says its working but when i tried to add files, or change settings with GUI it would say the server isn't running, so i tried everything same error message so i got fed up and went to play some games on my PS3 but didn't shut down tversity.

so scrolling throught the XMB there it is my tversity server and i can see and access all the default folders and the G4 streams and what not, so i go back and add my media through the media share comand promt, it works it see F:\ my media disk, it sees all my raw ripped DVD files TV shows ect... so i go back to my PC and tversity still says the media server isn't running and won't let me access any of the settings or add files through the GUI but yet i was able to watch almost the whole 4th season of House with out issue, listen to music ect...

i have turned UPnP, i have tversity set to log as my account and not local service, i have network set to private, added exceptions to windows firewall i have tried everything i can find but it still says the server isn't running, now it clearly is because it is working but i can make any setting changes because tversity server isn't running.

So does anyone have any ideas on what may be the cause or something i can try because i am out of ideas.

System set up:
fresh install of vistaUL X86 SP1
hardware see sig
TVersity RC2
Codecs, Haali Media Splitter. AC3 Filter, FFD Show (no other codes installed or tried)

guide i used http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=75081

So the service is actually running in the windows service manager? If it is, the only thing I can suggest is making sure that Windows Media Sharing is turned off.

Load WMP, load the options window, click the library tab then the "configure sharing" button. Make sure the share my media checkbox is unchecked and click OK.

yes on restart i goto services and mediaservice.exe is running, tversitymediaserver shows running as well.

as of right this second i can select individual vob files in my dvd dir and play each one on my PS3 but using the GUI doesn't work.

ok i will go look.

only thing checked is find media other are sharing.

Strange. I had a similar problem but it wasn't with the latest version of Tversity and was such a long time ago that I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it.

So you can play them on the PS3 just fine but not with the TVersity GUI?

I'm just making sure I get it, because I don't see why that would matter.

yes i can see and play everything on my PS3 but as far as the GUI is concerned the server isn't up and running, it even shows at the top the disconnect symbol and says server is stopped or connection error.

so my assumption is how ever the GUI talks with server process is what is being stopped but i have no idea what is the cause.

Probably best if you give the tversity forums a go. Might have more luck there.

(don't forget to post back here if you find a solution!)

yea i just did, i guess i should have tried there first i guess this is something that they thought they had fixed.

so with that said, once it does get fixed with tversity transcode the raw vob files into one continuous movie? because now i can play each file on its own but it stops. ot sould i convert all my dvds to another format?

I must admit that I don't use tversity for dvds. I use my old xbox as mounting full ISOs is far more appealing to me.

Back